The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Different Games  (Read 344 times)

thekevmon

Different Games
« on: October 04, 2005, 05:05:00 pm »
All these games are basically all about the same type of stuff. Vote for all the ones you've played (any games consisting of magic and Middle-Ages weaponary qualifies. You know, fantasy games), and add your own options.

Thunder Pants

RE: Different Games
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2005, 05:13:00 pm »
well TDK is coming out with a Warhammer Fantasy Realtime Stratagy game and i'm going to play that when it comes at as well as the ones i voted for

LoganGrimnar

• Followers of Vorax
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2005, 06:36:00 pm »
AHHHH!!! FOR THE MOTHER LAND!

edit: i mean yea, should add guild wars and... uh.. that bard quest thing... Bard Tales... waent that on pc too?

Kapitän Awesome

• View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: October 04, 2005, 06:37:00 pm »
    Bout that time, old chap

Right-o

Dark Jester

• Followers of Lucinda
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: October 05, 2005, 01:33:00 pm »
    Evercrack... Oh, I mean .. uh .. Quest! Yeah, thats it! Everquest!

Thats 5 years of my life I will never get back. ;)

-Jester

jjkolb

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2005, 06:02:00 am »
    I added a few options from the Commodore 64 days for us *ahem* older guys.  I could even throw in some Atari 2600 titles, but that would be silly.

Rasterick

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2005, 08:07:00 am »
    I remember playing some great games on an Amiga. Faery Tale, Dungeon Quest and I even played some of the first fantasy type games on the ZX Spectrum an Texas Instrumenst Ti99 , now Im showing my age...Now where did I put my pension book?

Over the years though, I think that Baldurs Gate had to be my favourite, as it allowed you to do so much.

Tedulas

• View Profile
      « Reply #7 on: October 06, 2005, 08:20:00 am »
      LoganGrimnar - 10/5/2005  2:36 AM
      edit: i mean yea, should add guild wars and... uh.. that bard quest thing... Bard Tales... waent that on pc too?

Guild wars had too much hype added to it, then in the end it had one month duration for me to be honest. Maybe more, maybe less.
      Spellforce was a great game for me! Better than before I knew about Layonara online, I was amazed by the graphics and how you could zoom in and be in the heart of battles!

Dark Jester

• Followers of Lucinda
        • View Profile
      « Reply #8 on: October 06, 2005, 09:11:00 am »
      Rasterick - 10/6/2005  8:07 AM

I remember playing some great games on an Amiga. Faery Tale, Dungeon Quest and I even played some of the first fantasy type games on the ZX Spectrum an Texas Instrumenst Ti99 , now Im showing my age...Now where did I put my pension book?

Over the years though, I think that Baldurs Gate had to be my favourite, as it allowed you to do so much.

Wow, Ti99. I had one of those when I was a kid. ;) We didnt have the ability to save games though, so every time we wanted to play, we had to enter all the code for the game before we could play it. ;) Fun times.

-Jester

frebol

• View Profile
        « Reply #9 on: October 08, 2005, 10:36:00 am »

I remember fondly playing the three Bard's Tales on my good ole C=64!! And all the old SSI "Gold Box" games :)  Pool of Radience, Curse of Azure Bonds, Secret of the Silver Blades.. wow good stuff.  I always loved the old Dragon Warrior (quest) games on the Nes, definately my favorite system. and now Dragon Quest VIII is coming out! Woo hoo!

I still have all those old games and C=64 and Nes too :)

Lovin' the old school

Vyris

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2005, 11:47:00 am »
        Zork me!

Actually one of my favorite fantasy games was Might & Magic, crusaders of the dark savant... still have that one.

Vyris

Tedulas

• View Profile
          « Reply #11 on: October 08, 2005, 12:16:00 pm »
          I forgot about might and magic, I played number...8 I think - I didn't understand it as much as a kid but wish I could play some now!

Ioskeha

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2005, 12:58:00 pm »
          Wow I've played most of these games.  My favorites from the games you've listed are;

Wizardry IV: Throb in the Heart of Darkness - This has got to be the hardest RPG ever made.  To this day I've yet to see the best ending.

Ultima V: My favorite Ultima game.  This game changed the way I judged RPGs, and to this day I still use it as a standard for all RPGs that I play.  Ultima VII isn't too far down my list of favorite RPGs, but I like this Ultima more.  I didn't like the real-time combat in Ultima VII all that much.

Temple of Elemental Evil:  One of the best, if not the best, DnD cRPG games ever made.  I really love the battle system in this game.  I thought Troika did the best job in porting over the DnD rule-set to a video game.

Daggerfall:  Sure this game is a buggy mess, but I was able to look past all the bugs and enjoy this game.  I still play this game from time to time.  I felt that Morrowind was a step backwards from what Bethesda did with Daggerfall.  IMO, Daggerfall will probably be the last great game from the TES series.  I've lost all interest in Oblivion.  The GPS system amd removal of Staffs as melee weapons was the nail in the coffin for me.

Magnulas

• View Profile
            « Reply #13 on: October 08, 2005, 01:40:00 pm »
            My favorit game is BG2. Too bad you cant make own maps on it, then it would been the best game ever  :)

Avenge

• View Profile
              « Reply #14 on: October 14, 2005, 08:53:00 am »
              Elder Scroll and Morrowind are one and the same... well technically. Unless you mean Elder Scrolls 1 & 2... ;)

anything