The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Internet Explorer is a dead albatross.  (Read 149 times)

OneST8

miltonyorkcastle

Re: Internet Explorer is a dead albatross.
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2006, 06:07:13 am »
Niiiiice.  Silly microsoft.

crazedgoblin

RE: Internet Explorer is a dead albatross.
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2006, 11:24:46 am »
*slap with a wet fish*

Weeblie

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2006, 11:32:13 am »
Noooo!

You are wrong! Wrong! Wroooong!

The dead albatross isn't dead at all!

Like, if Internet Explorer wouldn't exist, we would have 85% less internet users today!

And, come on! It's called Internet Explorer. You know where the name Internet came from? Eh? Eh?

*runs away and hides from the evil people*

darkwulf365

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2006, 12:55:24 pm »
*Has been a faithful Opera user (now Firefox) for at least the past 5 years and is struggling mightily to hold back a giganitc 'I told you so'*

Marswipp

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2006, 03:10:54 pm »
Microsoft has too many security issues with IE, and their OSs have too many holes and doors, especially the new ones.
Playing D&D 3.5e, D&D 5e, Pathfinder, and exploring Starfinder through a VTT

Schmack

• Followers of Folian S'pae
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2006, 03:38:47 pm »
Whoa, that guy torched Microsoft. So did Eolas, $521 million! That's crazy

Doc-Holiday

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2006, 07:11:32 pm »
Hmm.. I am pleased that he offeres a solution to the problem... I can deffinitly respect that column. Not a bad idea either.

Nibor21

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2006, 11:44:35 pm »
You are are all wrong.

It is merely a hoax. The CIA (who owns Microsoft) was asked by federal government to come up with a way of taking the growing legion of young talented as above all democratic software engineers off the streets, and find a way that would stop them developing the next generation of dangerous terrorist weapons like PGP, and finding out that the US government has been in daily discussions with aliens (mind flayers who now hold the majority of seats in the senate).

In a seance held with the Edgar Hoover (late dictator of the FBI and still the person who really runs the US via ouija board) he suggested creating a never ending project that would sap the very life forces from these newly employed software engineers. The genius of it was that also the people of the world would find something even more unpleasant than the US government and spend more time bitching about this 'Internet Explorer' than they would politics.

As an aside it was also let slip in this seance that it was Abraham Lincoln who shot JFK. This was done out of jealousy because JFK was seeing Marilyn Monroe at the time, and Abraham Lincoln was Marilyn's super natural stalker.

I would say more but i need to take my medication now.

Schmack

• Followers of Folian S'pae
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2006, 12:56:35 am »
So... because the ActiveX People don't like Microsoft... Abraham Lincoln shot JFK, then decided to stalk Marily Monroe... and so therefore... both the CIA and the US Government are run by mind flayers?

Nibor21

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2006, 04:20:09 am »
Exactly

Marswipp

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2006, 06:18:12 am »
*runs in circles screaming incoherently* NO! It's all wrong! Bill Gates was a co-founder; not the U.S. government! What the heck do you think you're thinking?! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHRRRRRRRRRRGG!!
Playing D&D 3.5e, D&D 5e, Pathfinder, and exploring Starfinder through a VTT

Cassius

• View Profile
    RE: Internet Explorer is a dead albatross.
    « Reply #12 on: April 28, 2006, 06:24:42 pm »
    While I agree with some of the statements of this thread, Dvorak comes off too often as a sensationalist to be taken seriously. Take his words with a grain of salt.