The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: The Hunt for Gollum releases tomorrow  (Read 358 times)

orth

The Hunt for Gollum releases tomorrow
« on: May 02, 2009, 06:34:01 am »
Not sure how many people knew about this, but it's an independent 40 minute production done by fans downloadable free tomorrow.  The quality looks quite good and I look forward to seeing how these Tolkien fans have adapted this specific part of the story

Here's the trailer's page:

The Hunt For Gollum Movie Website

The following users thanked this post: Chazzler, Tanman, Kenderfriend

Kenderfriend

Re: The Hunt for Gollum releases tomorrow
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2009, 06:45:02 am »
Quote from: orth
Not sure how many people knew about this, but it's an independent 40 minute production done by fans downloadable free tomorrow.  The quality looks quite good and I look forward to seeing how these Tolkien fans have adapted this specific part of the story

Here's the trailer's page:

The Hunt For Gollum Movie Website

Very nice :) Its nice to see something like this done by fans... and the quality is actually better than I thought it would be before I had a looksy!

orth

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2009, 06:56:07 am »
Yep, I was quite impressed with the trailers as well.

Their 'sister' fan production is called Born of Hope, due out in the fall - "Set in the time before the War of the Ring and tells the story of the DĂșnedain, the Rangers of the North, before the return of the King. Inspired by only a couple of paragraphs written by Tolkien in the appendices of the Lord of the Rings we follow Arathorn and Gilraen, the parents of Aragorn, from their first meeting through a turbulent time in their people's history."

Born of Hope

Born of Hope - 2008 Teaser Trailer one on Vimeo

Chazzler

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2009, 10:53:28 am »
Thanks for sharing this Orth, this was really just as good as the 3 ones that came in the theatres. Made the hair on my arms stand up :D

Xiaobeibi

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2009, 10:59:02 am »
Now we have to wait for "Born of Hope"..... Reminds me of the first three it does.

:)

Chazzler did you ever see the Finnish fan productions ? There is one feature lenght film where they make fun of Startrek and Babylon 5 I think.

Chazzler

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2009, 11:11:37 am »
Nah, I haven't seen that one, but I've heard of it.

lonnarin

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2009, 12:17:30 pm »
Wicked site.  This http://thehuntforgollum.s3.amazonaws.com/downloads/stuff/wp10.jpg is my new desktop background. ;)

Leanthar

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2009, 04:03:43 pm »
WOW! That was awesome.

Filatus

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2009, 07:23:29 pm »
The trailer looked very good for something that's fan made, think I'll watch it tomorrow. Wonder how much creative license they took, but it can't be worse than Peter Jackson...