The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Donation Tracker request - Update: Cumulative Total  (Read 315 times)

jrizz

Donation Tracker request - Update: Cumulative Total
« on: October 28, 2008, 04:14:43 pm »
//I put this in another thread but I think it needs a discussion on its own.

Will the thermometer reset each month? or better yet as funds are used can they be subtracted from the thermometer so that we know where we are in costs and rollover each month and what more is needed?

So if the monthly cost is 120 and we have a donation base of 200 then at the start of the next month the tracker should read 80 meaning at least 40 more must come in.

thanks
jrizz

The following users thanked this post: miltonyorkcastle

orth

Re: Donation Tracker request
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2008, 04:20:53 pm »
From my original post:

The report you now see on the Donate page will indicate a surplus for the month, so if you exceed the payments I will roll it forward.

Currently, you have a surplus of $48.61 for this month.  So next month's goal of $145 will be reduced to $96.39.  If more payments are made before the end of October then it will be reduced accordingly.

orth

Re: Donation Tracker request
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2008, 12:25:03 am »
I don't wish to shock anyone who sees the new value of $340 and panics, so I thought I'd explain what I have done.

I'm just going to keep updating the cumulative value needed and paid at the start of the months.  So, last month was $195 (50 for setup), this and following months are $145. $195+145=340.  Next month I'll up the total to $485, then $630 etc.

I think this is better or else what happens is the donor information from last month gets reset. It also helps to show you as a grand total at the end, how much you raised as a community effort to pay for the hosting costs, which I think is kinda cool.

Let me know if I overlooked any problems with this sort of setup.  I do realize the thermometer is not going to look so bare as if it were reset back to 0->145 again, but willing to make that sacrifice for the other benefits.

Interia_Discordius

Re: Donation Tracker request - Update: Cumulative Total
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2008, 08:09:42 am »
Is there a way to donate to Layonara through a prepaid credit card? I can't get Paypal to accept it since it's not tied to a bank acct. or some such... not sure what the deal is there.

anything