The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Crafting Question  (Read 335 times)

Zhofe

• Followers of Ilsare
    • Followers of Toran
    • View Profile
Crafting Question
« on: July 28, 2005, 09:53:00 pm »
So, someone brought up an interesting point, a question about Crafting really.

Is it possible for a character to be restricted from crafts soley on their statistics?

Not after a death penalty, but is it possible for the numbers to go so low to prevent a craft other than Instrument Crafting or Scribing?

Variable

RE: Crafting Question
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2005, 10:12:00 am »
I don't think it is possible to excluded from a craft based on statistics. Although it may make your crafting much harder.

muaddib

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2005, 12:05:00 pm »
I think it could happen if there stats are low enough and they are low enough lvl.

Zhofe

• Followers of Ilsare
    • Followers of Toran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2005, 12:48:00 pm »
Perhaps if I could get ahold of info on how the stats actuall calculate into the crafting ...but I think each modifies adds 5%, and the lowest modifier is a -2 because of a subrace.

so, at 0 you would have a 25% chance (based on having a 35% chance with a modifier of 1, I could be wrong on that)

If one of your stats is -2 (lowest possible, a stat of 6) that is 15, and then the other stat is a -1 (because of the min-maxing rules) that is a 10% chance with the lowest possible stats on the lowest level item in a crafting list.

Even if both stats had a -2 modifier, it would still be possible with a 5% if I got all those numbers right. No character, by the way NWN handles stat-rolling, and our subrace penalties, could have a less than -2 modifier on any stat under normal circumstances, unless a GM lowered it for one reason or another.

If I am right, any character can try any craft, Instrument crafting and scribing aside because of the Bard requirement on one and spells being necessary for the other.

So, anyone know if I got those numbers right?

Rayenoir

• Followers of Rofirein
    • Followers of Xeen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2005, 01:51:00 pm »
You can have much less than a -2 penalty if you get nailed by a poison or disease, actually.

...not that I'd know from experience or anything. ;)

Zhofe

• Followers of Ilsare
    • Followers of Toran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2005, 01:57:00 pm »
Obviously, but I meant naturally, on character creation.

Rayenoir

• Followers of Rofirein
    • Followers of Xeen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2005, 02:12:00 pm »
Oh.  righto, then.

anything