The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Donate to keep this server alive  (Read 1888 times)

osxmallard

Re: Donate to keep this server alive
« Reply #60 on: March 07, 2006, 07:45:16 am »
I used to make sporadic donations ($25 here or there) but I just subscribed as well.  I did not realize how much L was having to put out of pocket to keep the servers going each month.  

In my opinion, Layo is better than any MMPOG just because of the common respect, manners,  and the overall quality of the players!  I refuse to pay to play a MMPOG, but Layo is definitely a different animal altogether.  Donating even as little as $1-$5 if you can afford it would make such a difference.  I haven't had to spend a single dollar on any other games since starting Layo (well, except Call of Duty 2, which by the way I have only played through the second level and I have had it 2 months).

Thanks L and thanks team for keeping the servers going.  And thanks to all the players for making the world what it is!

Eorendil

« Reply #61 on: March 30, 2006, 07:47:44 am »
Layonara is fantastic! Donations are forth coming but I do not know if it will be before the end of the month..

EdTheKet

RE: Donate to keep this server alive
« Reply #62 on: April 09, 2006, 01:14:55 pm »
Allrightie people it's that time of the month again where Big L needs to hand over a couple of hundred dollars to keep the servers going.
  For your enjoyment, please donate using the "Make a donation" buttion on the top right hand corner, just below the 'Server Status' Link.
  Thank you in advance!

Leanthar

« Reply #63 on: April 14, 2006, 09:24:32 am »
Its another one of those times where things are tight in RL and I need a little help by your donations. If you can spare a bit please donate. Thank you.

Fatherchaos

« Reply #64 on: April 14, 2006, 10:40:37 am »
Leanthar,

I have a bit of an idea that might help with Layo donations. I have yet to donate, so I do not yet fully know how your system works for donation tracking, but as with all electronic data I am certain it has some sort of readable value that can be totaled, pulled, and tracked.

What I'd like to suggest is to have a running bar graph total each month, possibly under server status. As donations occur, the amount is added to the "bar." The fullness of the bar is then represented by a color cooridnated system referencing how much has been donated in relation to how much is needed.

Considering you mention 300$ a month here is a simple break down (just for consideration, actual mileage may vary :) )

1-100$ would appear as a red mark
101-200$ a yellow mark
201-300$ a blue mark
and 300+ a green mark (showing overage to help with the next month).

naturally the blue mark could be change to represent what you are willing to spend (e.g. 299.99-300 a blue mark - j/k)

With this provide a "remaining balance to keep Layo fed" type. E.g. (214.32 of 300$ - 85.68$ remaining to keep layo fed).

Naturally this would require some dev time. I'd be willing to assist on working with this, as I've been an engineer for over 12 years and I work extensively with php, mysql, c++ and a number of networking and linux technologies (e.g. I'm a computer nerd LOL). To top it off, I worked in the gaming industry for a little over 6 years - so I'm certain I could help out if required.

Let me know if you would be interested and I'll be happy to see what I can get done!

Additionally, perhaps you could also flag user ids on the forums who have donated that month with a special "thank you" tag?

Just my two bits.

OneST8

« Reply #65 on: April 14, 2006, 11:23:07 am »
You can always file feature requests and etc.

However in this case, we are already working towards a strong system for donations. Great ideas you've posted, particularly so because we've already planned for all of what you suggest and more.

And yes, Leanthar, I know I need to get more work done in this area. *grins*

OneST8

« Reply #66 on: April 14, 2006, 11:26:03 am »
Also, one more thing. Given the experience and skillset you seem to have, please feel free to apply for a spot on the Project Team next time we open it up for applications again. You'll obviously have to go through the normal interview process that we conduct but that is a very attractive skillset *coughs*linux*coughs* that you've got.

:)

LordCove

« Reply #67 on: April 15, 2006, 10:55:20 am »
I will be donating. Is only fair for a game as grand as this. If layonara closed, I dont know what I'd do.

Blackguy

« Reply #68 on: April 24, 2006, 07:13:28 am »
With the upcoming NWN2 coming in septemper, I finnaly got off my chair and made a payment plan to Layo. I thought, since I used to pay much more than 10$ per month I can afford to give this to enrich my day everyday. Only one thing annoys me, why cant I setup a bigger than 10$ subscribtion each month?

Xandor Loriland

• Followers of Aeridin
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 24, 2006, 07:45:28 am »
You can sign up for multiple $10 subscriptions.  Just hit the button and sign up more than once.

Talan Va'lash

« Reply #70 on: May 11, 2006, 06:20:59 pm »
*bump*

trapman

• View Profile
    « Reply #71 on: July 24, 2006, 07:31:42 pm »
    Hey just wanted to bump this by saying I just clicked the button for a 10$ a month plan. Altough I am one of the newest players in the server, I am so happy with the community, the world and the team that I didnt even think about it twice as soon as I read this post. Hope this litle bit helps.

Hasar Everstride.

allneal

• View Profile
      « Reply #72 on: March 06, 2007, 11:40:42 am »
      I actually think teh Selling Maps is a great idea, i for one wanted to print out maps however could nto figure how to do it, and would gladly pay some amount for maps.  $50 seems a littel high however teh idea is solid.

AeonBlues

« Reply #73 on: March 06, 2007, 01:04:56 pm »
      I think it is kind of sad that the big L has been getting less then $200 a month in donations.  This is the most awesome game server anywhere and Leathar has to pay for it.  If anything he should be making some profit for his work and endless head aches.

I was donating $25 a month for a long time, and since I moved and I am paying more for rent I set the pay pal monthly subscriber rate of $10.  I just think it is sad that with all the very active players on Layo, that Leanthar has been having such a big problem with this.  I think we should start a monthly subscriber club.  If we get 20 people to subscribe to the $10 a month option, then there will be no doubt or worries.  Also, you can set up the $10 a month subscription multiple times if you want to donate $20 or more.

AeonBlues

I was so busy writing this, I was missing the Server is about to Reset message.  Ha HA!!

Lynn1020

« Reply #74 on: March 06, 2007, 01:19:37 pm »
      Yes it seems that everyone could give at least a little each month. $10 a month isn't that much.That's less than aCD, DVD ora trip to the movies. But I think if everyone was to give $10 a month that could take some of the load off of Leanthar and his family.

Niles09

« Reply #75 on: March 06, 2007, 01:29:30 pm »
      I couldn't help but notice, that on the "donate your month day" 600 people have seen the thread. If those just have donated 10$ each, the server would be running for a year, and for just 1$ the server would be running for a little over a month.... Maybe you should try and make a donate day, stating just how little it requires from each player..

twidget658

« Reply #76 on: March 06, 2007, 01:32:40 pm »
      More donations, faster servers, less lag, less complaining about the lag, more cool stuff, more FUN!! (if that is possible, I am so addicted now, it doesn't matter) And yes, of course, what the lovely Lynn1020 said.

Fatherchaos

« Reply #77 on: March 06, 2007, 02:07:52 pm »
      *watches the pay pal monthly auto deduction and nods knowingly*

Leanthar

« Reply #78 on: November 24, 2007, 10:10:23 am »
      It has been 8 months since this was bumped. I am bumping now as a friendly reminder.

darkstorme

« Reply #79 on: November 24, 2007, 11:37:56 am »
      I think it's just about time for another Donate Your Level Day!

anything