The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Great HakPak/Override for Players!  (Read 1653 times)

ShiffDrgnhrt

Great HakPak/Override for Players!
« on: October 05, 2009, 07:33:41 pm »
Every want to give your PCs face some flavour?  Maybe some lipstick or an eye color?

NOW YOU CAN! (If the DMs let you, that is)  I found a very cool add-on online that lets you pick the eye and lip color of your PC!  It syncs up with your tattoo colors...

Coloured eyes, lips and eyebrows -- Neverwinter Nights 2 Vault

It ALSO adds a bunch of new head designs...  One of which I intend to use!  :)  Anyway, I suggest this, though if there is suddenly a swarm of requests for PC color changes, they might come after me...

Happy using!

IMAGE NOT MY OWN!  :)

Fidzy

Re: Great HakPak/Override for Players!
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2009, 08:48:49 pm »
Will it work with Layo pack?

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2009, 08:50:07 pm »
As far as I know it works.  Might not with some of the vanilla heads though, unless the teams chooses to make them part of their overall content.  But all the non-vanilla heads work with this.  :)

On the same token, however, I haven't tested anything, just DLed and messed with the single player to see what it looks like...

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2009, 10:27:15 pm »
Bad news Folks  :(

Seems this Override does not work, or at least it if does, something in Layo won't let it.  It could just be me though...  Anyway, it's a very nice override, I just haven't been able to make it work yet.

darkstorme

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2009, 12:42:49 am »
Actually, about half the heads already in the Layo head pack work this way already.

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2009, 12:45:16 am »
I haven't notice anything like this...

darkstorme

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2009, 02:57:21 am »
Voici: Therise Silverstar, my lovely elven bardess.

Note especially the ruby red lips and deep chocolate eyes.  Trust me, the heads are there.

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2009, 10:12:52 am »
Could you tell me what head that is so I can test this on my side?

Black Cat

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2009, 10:47:18 am »
In my experience, the lipstick and eye colors match with what color you use in your clothes. Don't know exactly which of the 6 type does (clothes 1/2, leather 1/2, metal 1/), but I distinctly remember my ranger having at some time green lips.

And my dwarf got his beard-ring color depending on his choice of armor color.

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2009, 11:07:45 am »
That doesnt make sense, because this Override works for me in Single Player but not in Game...

I would really appreciate some trouble shooting...  =\

Script Wrecked

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2009, 11:50:33 am »
This is likely the problem:

Quote from: Script Wrecked
Hakpacks have a higher priority than the Override folder.

Given its age, the "Single Player Module" may use different Hakpacks to West and Central. I suggest building a test module as per these directions (remember to add the TLK).

Regards,

Script Wrecked.

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2009, 01:02:36 pm »
Right, but this is not a hakpak, it's an override.  Unless the Layo HakPak override an override, I don't understand the problem.  I will test it as per your directions, but...  *shrugs* this should work, just like the GUI override, or any other override.

darkstorme

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2009, 01:05:50 pm »
Unless, of course, the head .mdl files you have in your override folder correspond to the files in Layo's headpack.

And Black Cat, I'm certain the head works with tattoo colours, not clothing colours.

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2009, 01:08:30 pm »
Wait, are you suggesting I clear out my head override files in my Override pack?

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2009, 03:32:36 pm »
I figured it out!  You need to add the override files to one of the Layo Hak Paks  :)  If anyone wants to know how, or would like the file, I will be happy to let you know in a PM.  It's not complicated.

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2009, 04:29:37 pm »
Here we go!  Amanda, after I figured out what to do!  :)

darkstorme

« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2009, 04:46:27 pm »
*ahem*  You figured out what you needed to do?

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2009, 04:47:55 pm »
Errr...  *shifty*  I mean darkstorme and Dorg told me what to do and I did it...

jrizz

« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2009, 05:06:38 pm »
Quote from: ShiffDrgnhrt
Errr...  *shifty*  I mean darkstorme and Dorg told me what to do and I did it...

Nice :) this had me laughing. thanks I needed that today.

Shiffty - send me your steps, thanks

Dorganath

« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2009, 05:10:19 pm »
Quote from: ShiffDrgnhrt
I figured it out!  You need to add the override files to one of the Layo Hak Paks  :)  If anyone wants to know how, or would like the file, I will be happy to let you know in a PM.  It's not complicated.

While I am not discouraging this at all, I would like to point out the following:

This modification to one of our HAK files is unsupported. If you experience any odd problems related to or after performing this modification, do not submit a bug report or expect the Layonara team(s) to fix it.  If at some point in the future we update the HAK file, this modification will no longer be in effect, and it is solely the responsibility of the individual to manage that in order to keep this in place.

This statement pretty much applies to all overrides, but it's far easier to remove an override than a HAK modification.