The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Great HakPak/Override for Players!  (Read 1617 times)

Script Wrecked

Re: Great HakPak/Override for Players!
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2009, 09:50:13 pm »
Quote from: ShiffDrgnhrt
Right, but this is not a hakpak, it's an override.  

An Override has a lower priority than a (any) Hakpack.

Unless the Layo HakPak override an override, ...

Correct! Hakpacks override the Override folder.

... I don't understand the problem.  I will test it as per your directions, but...  *shrugs* this should work, just like the GUI override, or any other override.

Not if the Hakpack overrides the contents of the Override folder.

Hopefully this is clearer now. :)

twidget658

« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2009, 10:02:29 pm »
Quote from: darkstorme
And Black Cat, I'm certain the head works with tattoo colours, not clothing colours.

That is correct. One tattoo color goes with the eyes, the other tattoo color goes with the lips.

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2009, 10:08:54 pm »
Quote from: Script Wrecked
Not if the Hakpack overrides the contents of the Override folder.

Hopefully this is clearer now. :)
That's what I didn't understand!  That the Layo Hak Pak had the heads in it!  Wasn't until Dorg and Darkstorme told me so that a solution was found (by them).  

*hides from Darkstorme and Dorg*

Script Wrecked

« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2009, 10:57:44 pm »
Yes, the use of the word "override" iz a bit misleading. It used to be that way(1) until makers of Persistent Worlds complained to Bioware that players were using the Override folder (inadvertently or otherwise) to override their Hakpacks and cause all sorts of problems.

Now, they are just hacking the contents of the Hakpacks. :) Beware, this is fraught with peril. All sorts on indeterminable problems can be caused by doing this. Take care as/when you do this. Any problems you experience, you really need to revert to the vanilla Hakpacks before raising a problem.

Regards,

Script Wrecked.

(1) the Override folder used to override Hakpacks

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2009, 11:07:52 pm »
Oh yeah, I don't condone messing with the hakpacks.  But since this is just a texture swap, it's pretty harmless  :) ...  I think...

Dorganath

« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2009, 11:18:33 pm »
Oh yeah, I don't condone messing with the hakpacks.  But since this is just a texture swap, it's pretty harmless  :) ...  I think...

As I told you in IRC, it can and may have unintended consequences, such as other PCs showing up with oddly colored eyes and lips due to their character's tattoo colors, for example.

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2009, 11:27:05 pm »
Well the great part is no one has to do this.  It's also why I asked people to PM me instead of posting anything.  So heed the warnings of Dorg!  But if you want to mess with things...  :)

Dorganath

« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2009, 11:30:34 pm »
No I know, Shiff.  What I mean is that YOU (and anyone else who does it) may see people with odd colors on them. No one who doesn't use this modification will see anything different.  I'm only mentioning the potential pitfall so people can make a decision on something other than "it's cool".

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2009, 11:37:21 pm »
I'm doing it again...  >.<

Hellblazer

« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2009, 12:09:27 am »
Quote from: twidget658
That is correct. One tattoo color goes with the eyes, the other tattoo color goes with the lips.

Just to add a little note. There is actually two heads in the packs that are set to the clothing for the lips. If you take a look at the head of Sonya Darsus, you will see what I meant. (sorry don't know the number of the head)

Green dress, green lips

Red dress, red lips

twidget658

« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2009, 01:28:23 am »
Quote from: Hellblazer
Just to add a little note. There is actually two heads in the packs that are set to the clothing for the lips. If you take a look at the head of Sonya Darsus, you will see what I meant. (sorry don't know the number of the head)

Green dress, green lips

Red dress, red lips

Heh, that's cool. That means that she will always match.

For the tattoo colors, I know of only three heads that work off of tattoo colors.

Hellblazer

« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2009, 01:45:34 am »
Yeah always thought that was nifty.

geloooo

« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2009, 02:32:02 am »
One question... So one certain tattoo color set will make your eye color the same? If so can a DM change the tattoo color of a pc so that character's eyes can reflect the change? I'd like Ni'haer's in game eyes to be red. Right now they're white. :(

Lynn1020

« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2009, 08:39:58 am »
Quote from: geloooo
One question... So one certain tattoo color set will make your eye color the same? If so can a DM change the tattoo color of a pc so that character's eyes can reflect the change? I'd like Ni'haer's in game eyes to be red. Right now they're white. :(

It will only work with certain heads.

twidget658

« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2009, 08:43:22 am »
So one certain tattoo color set will make your eye color the same?

Yes. With the right head.

If so can a DM change the tattoo color of a pc so that character's eyes can reflect the change?

Yes.

geloooo

« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2009, 10:06:12 am »
Ahhh thanks for the input! I'll try to poke a dm that's free so I can see if it will work with Ni'haer's head. :)

Black Cat

« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2009, 11:22:36 am »
Quote from: twidget658

Well... not in this case. Allean doesn't have tatoos though.

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2009, 11:31:06 am »
Quote from: Black Cat

Just to Point Out: :)  If you haven't messed with the hakpak like I did, you are using what's already in the Layo HakPak.  Meaning, all the heads haven't been replaced with the textures I'm using.

Lynn1020

« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2009, 11:34:00 am »
Quote from: Black Cat

That one looks like it changes with the color of the clothing.

I know with Amanda's head, it changed with the color I set her tattoos at.

It looks like some change with the color of clothing and some with the color of the tattoos.

twidget658

« Reply #39 on: October 07, 2009, 10:29:14 pm »
Did some testing, tattoo 1 colors the eye, tattoo 2 colors the lips on the heads can be changed. The only way that I found this out is by selecting tattoo color and selecting different heads until the color was applied to the lips or eyes (upon further investigation, I may be able to find what heads, with number, that this option is available for).

Additionally, here is a link to the color palette so if you request a certain color, use these numbers so the GM can easily do it for you.