The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Greater sanctuary  (Read 132 times)

Xandor Loriland

• Followers of Aeridin
    • View Profile
Greater sanctuary
« on: June 07, 2005, 05:15:00 pm »
I just go this spell so I am not sure if this is a bug or not.  I was trying out this new spell and noticed that my spells fizzle do to being etheral.  I tried a summon and an attack and a healing spell.  Is that supposed to happen.  Also I have heard about the Invis/Greater Sanct bug.  I understand that sometimes if a creature has locked on to you and you cast these they can still chase you.  Is there any other aspect of this bug I should know?  Thanks.

orth

RE: Greater sanctuary
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2005, 05:19:00 pm »
Considering absolutely nothing can see you in Greater Sanctuary, yes that's supposed to happen.  No spells work.  Make sure you buy a Rune of Dispelling from the Temple to remove your Greater Sanctuary if you need to without resting.

But yes every now and then there is a BIoware bug where the Greater Sanctuary just doesn't work.  The monsters see you anyway.

Xandor Loriland

• Followers of Aeridin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2005, 06:06:00 pm »
Ok.  You said absolutely nothing can see you.  Does that include allies.  A companion of mine said he could see me when I had the spell on.  When you say absolutely do you mean that even if something has true seeing they can't see you or does that still see through it?  thanks for the info.

orth

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2005, 06:15:00 pm »
Even with true seeing enemies can not see you while under Greater Sanctuary.  Allies can, though that might be changed.

lunchboxkilla

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2005, 08:14:00 pm »
Umm sadly Orth they can... I hate to say that but a few bugbears on dregar and bear islan have seen me and given chase... I thought True seeing would let you be seen. Lest time i tested this was 2 months ago and it failed badly

Leanthar

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2005, 08:27:00 pm »
No more thanĀ 6 creatures (if that) on Layonara have true seeing, and they most assurely are not on Bear Island.

Talan Va'lash

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2005, 08:37:00 pm »
There are more than that that can cast true seeing right?

You mean only that many that have constant true seeing?  or has true seeing been removed from their spell lists?

orth

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2005, 08:39:00 pm »
lunchboxkilla - 6/7/2005  11:14 PM

Umm sadly Orth they can... I hate to say that but a few bugbears on dregar and bear islan have seen me and given chase... I thought True seeing would let you be seen. Lest time i tested this was 2 months ago and it failed badly

Those were both bugged instances as I pointed out in my first reply.

Leanthar

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2005, 08:42:00 pm »
By "have" I mean constant true seeing.