The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Healing people from negative hitpoints in the arena for XP  (Read 220 times)

orth

Healing people from negative hitpoints in the arena for XP
« on: February 12, 2008, 07:41:52 pm »
DO NOT USE potions/magic/bandages to heal people below 0hp in the arena and thus earn XP

THIS IS NOT ALLOWED.

In the meantime the logs are being parsed for extensive abuse of said practice.  Rest assured any extensive violators will be dealt with.

The following users thanked this post: Falonthas

ShiffDrgnhrt

Re: Healing people from negative hitpoints in the arena for XP
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2008, 07:48:30 pm »
Oi...  Ever?  >.<  I did it once maybe just to save the player Time...

orth

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2008, 07:52:19 pm »
Until the fix is in place, avoid this practice.  We're not going to hang people for doing it a few times though. (this has only appeared since the name change to Fort Vehl.)

As I stated "extensive violators will be dealt with"

Stephen_Zuckerman

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2008, 09:24:25 pm »
I'd pointed this out a few times to various DMs - as I understand, it -should- be fixed in the upcoming update, to pass along the word to the rest of us.

Sad to hear some folks were abusing this extensively, but... Rather expected it.

I always just give the negative HPer a good, swift kick. They come back with 1 hp in a few seconds.

Blackguy

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2008, 09:27:22 pm »
*grins* I was wondering if this was a exploit. I noticed it myself when as a "good" player I saved storold from dyeing.

Good to see it handled now.

And I agree, please make sure people die in the arena, your not there to make them suffer :)

Mooneyes

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2008, 09:34:26 pm »
Thanks for that.  Peanut  healed a player today  at the arena and I will not do that anymore.  I didn't know it was a no no.  Thanks again:)

Anamnesis

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2008, 08:34:35 am »
Stressing here... Below -Zero-.... because I only heal them if they are still alive and I just back off the fighting...
Elohanna Min A'Litae, Priestess of Aeridin
Breanna Shadowraven, Wizard/Rogue of Folian S'pae
Cord, Bard of Ilsare
Melaa A'nadivian, Ranger of Folian S'pae

Masterjack

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2008, 04:18:24 pm »
Quote from: Anamnesis
Stressing here... Below -Zero-.... because I only heal them if they are still alive and I just back off the fighting...

I do believe you can not do this any more. I believe it was fixed in the last update. at this post http://forums.layonara.com/layonara-server/113498-new-version-online-v3.html

"Fixed “good samaritan” exploit in Ft. Vehl Arena"

anything