The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Important Server issue -- PLEASE READ!  (Read 2012 times)

Dorganath

Important Server issue -- PLEASE READ!
« on: August 12, 2016, 10:57:22 pm »
Hello All,We've had an issue where the server got abruptly filled up by rogue events filling up event logs. We went from 20GB free to zero in under two (2) days due to logs filling up. This resulted in the server start-up problems we experienced tonight but it also caused some other unfortunate side-effects.To be specific, there's five characters which have fallen victim to this and may be unrecoverable by the means we have at our disposal.Pegasus55 - Michael
knightsfollytoo - Charlie Poetr
Erin Inman - Rebecca Poetr
Serissa1 - Katelyn Poetr
Borbre Barradok - Flint FireforgeWe recommend strongly that these characters do not try to log in until directed to do so by a GM who is assisting in the recovery/rebuild effort.There may be nothing we can do to directly restore these characters to their most recent state, as our backups have been overwritten by invalid files. However, we do have a record of their XP, completed static quests, etc., and we will work with the affected players to rebuild these characters to the closest approximation of their previous state as we can.As with the previous, similar incident, we encourage those affected to open a grievance request to start the process to get things set back to how they should be.We regret the inconvenience this may cause, and we'll work with you as much as we can. 

The following users thanked this post: lonnarin, Acacea, Alatriel, davidhoff, willhoff

Alatriel

I have not tried to log in
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2016, 08:47:36 am »

I have not tried to log in since the crash.  If there is someone who can assist at some point today to check my character as listed in the previous post, please let me know when.  Thanks.

Dorganath

Alatriel wrote:I have not
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2016, 11:15:51 am »

Quote from: "Alatriel"&cid="2760749"

I have not tried to log in since the crash.  If there is someone who can assist at some point today to check my character as listed in the previous post, please let me know when.  Thanks.

I can pretty much guarantee your character (Rebecca) is gone. Your other characters should be fine and you're welcome to log in and check them out. For reasons of server stability, I cleared out the character files known to be corrupted last night. You'll have to take Rebecca through the grievance process to get her rebuilt and restored to some semblance of her original form, which you have already started.

Rowana

Alright everyone!First of
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2016, 12:59:42 pm »

Alright everyone!

First of all, thanks to everyone for your patience and understanding, both last night and over the next few days. I'm posting here for the visibilty and then I will be moving over later today to address grievances individually. Unfortunately, this issu