The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Layonara 3.21.0 Release notes:  (Read 355 times)

Dorganath

Layonara 3.21.0 Release notes:
« on: April 10, 2009, 09:49:01 pm »
[SIZE=18]Version 3.21.0 is online![/SIZE]

Persistent Storage is once again ENABLED
 It's back, it's faster and it's better than ever!  Check out the new features:
  • Migrated from     the Bioware DB to MySQL
  • Storage     placeables can now hold either bags/boxes or loose items, but not     both types
  • Storage     capacity is 36 items (a full box of 1x1s or 5 boxes of 6 nuggets for     example) for all storage, including bank chests
  • Contents of furniture containers     are displayed in that object's description
  • Transaction log of additions and     removals from the containers are displayed on the object's     description
  • Players can now name and describe     the crates
  • Bank chest security more solid
  • West and Central merged into full world bank chest holding 36 items like all other containers
  • Logging is much more detailed
  • Extra protection from loss during     server crashes
  • Failsafe mechanism to not mess up     even if the crates get stuck, the container is still saved and     changes are logged and changed on the db
  • LORE ready if hobby work desired     later
Various Bug Fixes
  • Changed Carpenter's Tools to be     flagged as identified in the palette.  Updated craft vendors to sell     the correct version.
  • Attempted fix on Acacea's WLDQ     “Knock” power
  • Fix Driggle to show updated store     with correct healing goods
  • Fix unintentional ambush spawn in     The Great Forest
  • Unlock interior doors in Ozlo's     tower
  • Various area fixes on West
  • Various area fixes on Central
  • Updated/rebalanced a few creatures
  • Adjust XP code so that the     creature CR is always the minimum XP given rather than only when the     XP would be 1 or less
  • Add missing conversation for NPC     in Krellin's Tents.
  • Make Skald Wail respect Death     immunity
  • Restore Creedo interiors (craft     halls, merchant hall and bank)
  • Update loot drop lists with new     heal kits and potions. Also update for missile shaft CNR quantity
  • Adjust Greater Sanctuary to     hopefully reduce problems with PCs being detected and problems     casting spells even after the Greater Sanctuary effect is removed
  • Fixes to GM voice function
Other enhancements
  • Added weapons to Shapechange Balor     and Fire Giant forms
  • Make the differential in prices at     the high, medium and low town temple vendors to not be so drastic
  • Sand and Clay deposits should     return at least one unit of CNR before the shovel breaks
  • Housing furniture placeables can     be named with the quill system

orth

Re: Layonara 3.21.0 Release notes:
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2009, 10:01:14 pm »
Some additional notes on the Persistent Storage system OneST8 and I worked on.

There are a ton of quirks to events and functions that Bioware provides us, there were so many gotchas, we seemed to be writing special case scenarios for everything, but we think its really solid.

Yes we are now logging all additions and removals to a container, it shows even on the description.  We think this will prevent problems with stealing and we can open our homes a little more to the public.

It also lets you make little stores out of your homes, just place the prices on things in the descriptions of your crates, and you can then place your items for sale.  Players who take items will then be able to deposit gold and its all logged right there in the object's description.

It also works the other way, if someone wants something, they can place gold in a crate and gatherers can drop the goods in there and take the gold.

You'll see a tiny quirk with stack size logging.  If someone already has a stack of something in their inventory it confuses the system, so rather then falsely report that they took more then they did, we merely report that A Stack of Such and Such was taken.  To this end, if you're selling stacks of things, I recommend you remember how many were in the stack as it will only report that "A stack of blah was taken" and not "A stack of 10 blahs was taken". Follow me?

Lastly, the first time you go to your container, its contents might appear a bit weird displaying "furn_1113233" for example, don't worry about that, the first time you either a) add b) remove or c) open and walk away from a container its contents will be refreshed properly.

Other then those little quirks, we hope things are smooth and fast. :)  And yeah, maybe we'll be able to get to LORE based couriering of items between bank chests for a hobby weekend project some time.

Cheers!

cbnicholson

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2009, 09:13:50 am »
Sometimes the thanks button doesn't do it.  So far I've gleefully made oodles of arrows and bolts along with a few bandages.  It now makes sense to be a fletcher again!  Thank you and your helpers for the fine fine work!

As a side note, Ben's like a little kid with a red crayon in the Angel's guild..labeling chests.  I'm sure Ferrit is ready to kill him by now. hehe..
"Give a man a mask and he will show you his true face." 

Oscar Wilde

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2009, 10:18:39 am »
Cripes... I'm going to have to completely reorganize the Arms now....

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2009, 10:19:18 am »
FINALLY!  *Tyra  gets out her magic pencil*

OneST8

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2009, 11:43:04 am »
At least you mentioned that I helped this time! *chuckles*

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2009, 12:11:17 pm »
Some of are still skeptical that you exist, St8. Despite all that Dorg does to "prove" you do indeed have flesh and bones.

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2009, 12:30:18 pm »
OneSt8:  I'm sorry Milty, but our mission is too important to let you jeopardize it's success.

Omnipresent
Neuro
Enchanced
Systems
Technician
v.8

anything