The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Layonara Campaign Handbook  (Read 334 times)

Leanthar

Layonara Campaign Handbook
« on: September 20, 2004, 03:43:00 pm »
[SIZE=18]It’s finally here!!!!!  After months and months of long and hard work Ed finished the Layonara Campaign Handbook just a few minutes ago.  If you go here, [/SIZE][SIZE=18]http://www.layonaraonline.com/downloads.asp[/SIZE][/url][SIZE=18] , and look under General Information you can download either the watermarked version or the black and white version.[/SIZE]
  [SIZE=18]Everybody that worked on this handbook deserves a HUGE round of applause.  And Ed has dedicated his life to it for about six months now, his attention to detail and dedication is superb.  Others have done a lot of work on it as well; you will find the list of credits in the handbook.[/SIZE]
  [SIZE=18]I especially want to thank Ed, Zizz, and Rhizome for their hard work on this project.  Great job to everybody![/SIZE]
  [SIZE=18]I highly recommend you guys/gals go get this handbook, it is great and will help each of you in some way and probably in MANY ways.[/SIZE]

ZeroVega

RE: Layonara Campaign Handbook
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2004, 04:09:00 pm »
Ok I'm already reading the hand book, about 10% through (speed reading :)) I don't think I have a word in my head that would do justice to this work of art enough so I'll just go with the ever popular. Awsome!!!!

Nyralotep

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2004, 05:45:00 pm »
Anybody else having a problem opening these?  I have download the PDF by right clicking and 'save as' a .pdf but Adobe reader says it had an error opening the document.  What version of Adobe was it made with?  I'm at work so it might be a version prob.  We are running 4.0 here.

Leanthar

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2004, 06:01:00 pm »
You need at least version 5.  The latest version is 6.

Pankoki

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2004, 06:18:00 pm »
I've only one word for this. Amazing.
    If I saw this on a stand in a shop, i'd buy it.

Milo

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2004, 06:27:00 pm »
Absolutely wonderful.

Good job everyone, especially Ed  : )

trillex

• Followers of Katia
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2004, 09:14:00 pm »
*goes to find a color printer to get this big guy printed out*

Zizz Zelan

• View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: September 20, 2004, 09:46:00 pm »
    Glad y'all like it...it was an absolute _monster_ to edit. I had a lot of fun, though. :)  If you catch any nitpicky errors in the text I might have missed, drop me a line; I want this thing to be as near to perfect as possible.

Major kudos to Ed...I know I fell behind schedule a lot, but he never made me feel bad about it. He did a fantastic job in the writing (if you have any doubts, read the description of the Spine Mountains; absolutely *gorgeous* work, I love the image of the dragon rising to the sky and shrugging off nonbelievers. And barring grammar/punctuation edit, that's all him in his SECOND LANGUAGE!), formatting, and support departments. He's incredibly committed and talented, and I'm proud to have worked with him.

Enjoy, everyone! I hope y'all have as much fun reading it as I had working it over. :)

EdTheKet

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2004, 11:27:00 pm »
    Err, the "Spine Mountains" were written by Rhizome and English is his first language ;)
      Thanks to all who helped!  (and if anyone does find any inconsistencies, let us know, thx)

Zizz Zelan

• View Profile
      « Reply #9 on: September 20, 2004, 11:56:00 pm »
      EdTheKet - 9/21/2004  1:27 AM    Err, the "Spine Mountains" were written by Rhizome and English is his first language ;)
        Thanks to all who helped!  (and if anyone does find any inconsistencies, let us know, thx)
       Well, hell. Good job Rhizome, then. :)  You did well too.  ;)

Nyralotep

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2004, 12:06:00 am »
      Now that I can finally see the finished work....Awesome job everyone!! 

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2004, 12:46:00 am »
      Much to read! Awesome work guys.

Qui_Z

• Followers of Lucinda
        • View Profile
      « Reply #12 on: September 21, 2004, 12:42:00 pm »
      Wow, awesome job guys!

Leanthar

« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2005, 12:49:00 pm »
      Bumping so it is not deleted.

Xerina

• View Profile
        « Reply #14 on: July 07, 2005, 05:41:00 am »
        I know this is a old post, but the handbook is great it was a great deal of help when I first came to Layonara, and I still use it when planing a character out, or checking for information for my lore keeping historian. Everyone did a great job that worked on it. Its better then many handbooks that are done for games you pay for. One of the best handbooks I have ever seen, its very impressive, if a bit overwhelming when you first open it.  It would be a nice item to think about selling in the store printed out. Oh to have a hard copy with out burning out my printer.
        SO I just wanted to say thanks for the great job.

Leanthar

« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2005, 07:51:00 am »
        They did a great job on it that is for certain and the one that deserves the most credit, hands down, is EdTheKet.  Stay tuned though because a new version is coming somewhat soon.

teefal

• View Profile
          « Reply #16 on: July 07, 2005, 08:30:00 pm »
          It's pretty easy to use CafePress to print and sell bound books.  Simply upload a PDF, and people can order a bound & printed copy mailed to them, on a per use basis.

Just a thought.

See: http://www.cafepress.com/cp/info/sell/products/books