The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: My next Trilogy  (Read 412 times)

Leanthar

My next Trilogy
« on: September 25, 2005, 08:19:00 pm »
http://www.layonaraonline.com/forums/calendar/event-view.asp?eventid=1107&year=2005&month=10  That starts the next trilogy.
  This next trilogy is different than anything I have run before.  Make sure you completely understand that when you join the first quest that you will NOT be able to play that character again until AFTER you leave the dungeon (if you do).  This is important and it will be enforced by the GM team.  There are two exceptions (due to RL and scheduling etc.) and that is if you have a CDQ/GCDQ or ECDQ scheduled during that time frame.  Since it is already hard enough to schedule things around the player(s) and GM we will let this one slide and you will be able to participate in both (if the event revolves around your character/guild/organization--not another character and you are just a party member).  But it will be the players responsibility to have the character back on the appropriate server at each of the scheduled plot quests at the proper time so that I can put you back with the party. 
  Also make sure each and every one of you are coming prepared for a full blow dungeon delve, not just hack and slash of creatures/traps.  You will need to be prepared or you will fail, and probably cause the party to fail.  So anything and everything that you can think of for PnP type dungeon delves may very well be required along the route. There are no 'safety' areas along the way, there are no 'restocking' areas along the way.
  Forewarned. :)

Leanthar

RE: My next Trilogy
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2005, 08:30:00 am »
Hmm, one more exception on the quest involvement thing.  If a GM has a running series (not just a one time quest) and a character is heavily involved in that series (not just a party member that is tagging along) the character may join that quest series, but only for that quest series--not for playing at other times.  Again though, it is the responsibility of the player to be back on the proper server at the beginning of the plot quest each week.

Leanthar

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2005, 08:57:00 am »
Hello again folks.
  Something has come up that is work related and is going to cause me to be out of town on the 8th and 9th of October.  Since that is right in the middle of the next trilogy I am going to move the quests out by two weeks.  I don't want to skip time (more than the week) in between because players will not be able to play their characters (except as noted above) during that duration.
  The quests are now set for the 16th, 23rd, and 30th of October.  Sorry all.

Leanthar

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2005, 01:21:00 pm »
Bump as a reminder.

Leanthar

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2005, 12:11:00 pm »
The quest will be happening today and on time.  Please make sure you understand what needs to be done and what will be happening during this 'series'.
  Bring supplies, anything you can think of you very well may need in a dungeon and for many adventuring situations.  If you get to an area and can not continue the quest will be a failure. 

Leanthar

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2005, 05:38:00 am »
The final episode (I hope you all make it through today) is going to happen at 3pm as scheduled. This is just a quick reminder to everybody that daylight savings time happened last night so all clocks were set back one hour.  The clock on the forums is correct though.

Leanthar

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2005, 02:14:00 pm »
Reminder.  It starts in 45 minutes from now.

anything