The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Eon Quest Notice  (Read 142 times)

Rhizome

• Druids
    • Followers of Aeridin
    • View Profile
Eon Quest Notice
« on: March 30, 2006, 09:33:27 am »
Hello all,
  Please be aware that despite posting a party limit of 16, 34 players have signed up for this event. The party size must stay relatively low, especially for a quest of this nature (see description) to ensure that those who are on the quest enjoy themselves in a relatively lag free quest without too much interaction to distract and confuse. We all know how that can go. And that's why I'm going to try to stay as close to the 16 number as possible. This of course means some party limit management is going to have to take place. This also creates the possibility for some conflict and hard feelings. I hope we can avoid that.
  There are a couple of things we can do up front, I think. Firstly, if you aren't very familiar with Eon, his story and at least some of his deeds, I implore you to remove yourself from the calendar and open up some space for someone else. Secondly, please only remain signed-up and attend if you are willing to wade in with active RP. If you feel like you have trouble getting words and emotes in during busy quests, this quest is not likely up your alley and may generate frustration rather than joy. We're going for joy here *smiles*. Thirdly, the previous point also means if you have something else going on at the same time in RL, may be late or may have to leave early, please be considerate and open up a space for someone who can commit fully to the full time.
  Fourthly, and more complicated than the above, if you are one of the folks referred to in the quest announcement who's character has some important connection to the character of Eon and feel it is crucial for you to attend, I'll need to know ahead of time. Feel free to post your resoning in this thread and I'll evaluate your position to the best of my ability. If that's not savory to you, please show up early for the quest and make your claim there. These will be hard sells, keep in mind, and will be very difficult decisions for me and the other GMs who may be helping me out. Please understand this and trust that I am conducting this quest with a heartfelt attempt to be equitable and the interests of the server in mind.
  For those of you who will attend, please move your character to Fort Llast and save. Then log into the quest server. See you there!
  Respect,
  Rhizome

orth

Re: Eon Quest Notice
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2006, 02:23:26 pm »
Righty, well I'll begin the trend.

Plenarius' development has some very critical ties to Eon.  Eon's betrayal of Katia and his poisoning of the previous Bird Lord which resulted in Plen's Epic are two critical events in Plen's life.  I feel strongly that he should be a presence in this event and trust most folks would agree.

twidget658

RE: Eon Quest Notice
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2006, 02:36:14 pm »
Well, I will start the trend for the other side of the list.

I will remove myself from this list for the sake of the quest.

Main reason: "If you feel like you have trouble getting words and emotes in during busy quests, this quest is not likely up your alley and may generate frustration rather than joy." I think I would just distract from the quest too much. This would cause, not only the loss of my joy, but the joy of others as well.

Plus, I am thinking the Dregar series will be starting back up after this series, right Rhizome? *winks*

Best wishes and I hope everyone has a blast!

aragwen

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2006, 02:55:13 pm »
Jacchriwould love to attend the quest, especially after what Eon did to the Ulgrids dwarves andfacinghis golem forces trying to stop us from delivering the cure.
  But alas I believe there are others with much more of a vested interest and more to add to the this venture than I. Therefore I wish you best of luck inthis endeavour and may you be succesful in your goals.

DMOE

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2006, 03:00:34 pm »
Firstly, if you aren't very familiar with Eon, his story and at least some of his deeds, I implore you to remove yourself from the calendar and open up some space for someone else.

Well unfortunatly Ireth and I aren't so doing the fair thing and removing myself  :)

minerva

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2006, 03:15:28 pm »
Katrien would truely love to be there to record things. She is slowly being influenced towardnature and Katia,but her dealings with Eon have been slim. Katrien awaits the tales of the adventurers and hopes she doesn't have to pry it out of people.
  I too will bow out.

Serissa

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2006, 07:38:46 pm »
Firstly, if you aren't very familiar with Eon, his story and at least some of his deeds, I implore you to remove yourself from the calendar and open up some space for someone else.

Okay, that kicks me out.  Have fun.

Aryn Ravenlocke

• Followers of Vorax
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2006, 04:08:51 pm »
Well Thordan falls sort of in the middle when it comes to knowing about Eon and having reasons to persue him. However, since his development is not nealry as closely tied to Eon's as some characters' I will politely bow out and wait until the next Thursday night series starts up in hope to find a better fit for Thordan there.

YT

Rhizome

• Druids
    • Followers of Aeridin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2006, 03:28:55 pm »
Hello folks,
  This is a quick notice to inform everyone that the quest tonight will begin right where the last one ended, namely, outside of the Sielwood Witch's house in the Sielwood Forest. Please save your character there and log into the quest server.
  It was a collective decision last session to "lock" the party. Thus, tonight's event will be for returning characters only.
  See you in one quarter of a revolution. Be well.
  Rhizome

OneST8

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2006, 02:31:19 pm »
Greetings all!

Just a note that the calendar entry has been updated.

OneST8

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2006, 07:39:05 pm »
Bumping this thread as a reminder for the participants.

OneST8

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2006, 08:54:54 pm »
Please make your way to Arabel.
Quest starts in thirty minutes.

anything