The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Parchment Folder and LORE System Usage  (Read 433 times)

orth

Parchment Folder and LORE System Usage
« on: January 17, 2006, 08:48:03 am »
The parchment folders are handy ways to keep your writings in one single inventory place and that helps the server too, but now with LORE it's even better.  Any parchment you store in your folder becomes editable on LORE through your character page, provided you have registered with your Public CD Key.  Here's how it works:
  • buy Parchment Folder from General Vendor Note it's not in his inventory, it's a special conversation option
  • buy Parchments (or use existing)
  • use Parchment Folder on Parchment, this removes the parchment from your inventory and "stores" it in your folder
  • visit your character page on LORE, you should now see an option to manage your folders
  • inside your folders you will see your parchments held within for you to edit
  • once done editting, back in game, either next time you login or next LORE (6 minute) heartbeat you will get a message of your folders changing
  • use Parchment Folder on yourself to be given a dialogue for you to select which Parchment you wish to take out
  • Parchment is restored in your inventory with updates
  • use Parchment Folder on another player to give it to them this gives them access to all parchments contained
  • use Parchment Folder on trash can to delete
  • you may have as many Parchment Folders as you wish
  • you can rename Parchment Folders through LORE

Leanthar

Re: Parchment Folder and LORE System Usage
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2006, 08:53:45 am »
Just plain Awesome! :)  Good job!

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2006, 12:13:42 pm »
no kidding....  I really need to sit down and play with all this stuff....

KageKeeper

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2006, 02:40:08 pm »
Wow....

Variable

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2006, 04:51:41 pm »
Amazing! Great job guys! i can't wait to play with it  8)

FlameStrike

• Followers of Toran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2006, 05:26:47 pm »
Very very nice! :)

Eloyn

• Followers of Az'atta
    • Followers of Mist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2006, 09:36:41 pm »
Is this like the parchment system in game?  So you can edit the papers in game using those ~ commands to change the description of the papers.  Basically this way you don't have to be in  game to edit those papers?

orth

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2006, 09:38:44 pm »
Correct Eloyn, when the parchment is in your folder you can edit it on LORE, when it's removed from your folder and on your character, you can edit it with the quill.

Talan Va'lash

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2006, 09:39:18 pm »
Yes.  You also don't need the ~ commands to edit it from lore.  The systems work together.

-TV

Eloyn - 1/17/2006  10:36 PM

Is this like the parchment system in game?  So you can edit the papers in game using those ~ commands to change the description of the papers.  Basically this way you don't have to be in  game to edit those papers?

Guardian 452

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2006, 06:47:55 pm »
So if I buy a new parchment, stick it in my folder... come to LORE and edit it I can skip all the ~ commands?

Leanthar

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2006, 06:50:32 pm »
I believe that is true G.

Talan Va'lash

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2006, 08:01:03 pm »
Yep.  Its very nice for typing out long passages... also, you can copy/paste more readily heh.

-TV

Guardian 452

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2006, 08:10:20 pm »
Good deal.... cant type worth a darn so the less fancy things I have to add... the less things I can screw up  ;)

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2006, 08:07:42 am »
riiight, so, I sat down and stared a LORE for a little while last night, and I have no clue where to do the 'edit the parchment' bit everyone is talking about...  and, yes, I have a parchment folder with a piece of parchment in it.  So, to clarify, my question is:  where do I go on the Lore site to do the 'writing'?

feniox

« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2006, 08:43:44 am »
Go to the PCs listing, find the name of your character and go to his profile. Along the top there should be a "parchments folder" option, or something similar. If you click on that the rest of it becomes pretty self explanatory.

I was playing around with that last night, I much prefer it to the in-game editing, it's a lot easier, and you don't have to worry about all the commands :)

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2006, 09:07:14 am »
hmmm, I can't check right now (while these forums are not blocked where I work, LORE is, for some reason), but last night I did not see a "parchment folder" option with my character, Cole.

Leanthar

« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2006, 09:14:14 am »
Have you registered your public cd key on LORE?

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2006, 09:17:27 am »
*scratches head*  you know, I thought I did all that when I registered....  but maybe not.  I'll look into that again.

Aragon

« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2006, 11:13:11 am »
I placed several long scrolls into the folder and edited them on LORE.  It sent me a message saying it had updated the scroll online.  So I waited a bit then went into the folder and noticed it had updated the scroll titles.  Then I extracted them from the folder and proceeded to look at the scrolls.  They still had the default words.  One of the two scrolls I had even begun typing using the ingame system even had its contents erased.

Leanthar

« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2006, 11:27:15 am »
@aragon, please make sure you post that in the bug reports area.

anything