The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Preparation for V3  (Read 404 times)

Pankoki

Preparation for V3
« on: February 16, 2007, 12:00:25 pm »
Well folks, we're getting close to the final punch of the new version of Layonara, Version 3. As mentioned in this  thread by Leanthar, there will be a lot of changes in the following few months but the big aesthetic ones are very close. In fact on February 26th we will be going live with our first V3 overhaul for Layonara.
  This of course means that it will likely be the most trying upgrade of all for a long time, and in preparation to that we are asking you all to start downloading some of the HAKs needed for the change. When the time draws closer, we will be give further instruction as to what files are needed and which files you can safely remove, but for now all you need to do is download the next three files and store them in a safe location until further notice.
  Please start downloading them now, if we all wait until the last minute Leanthar will get charged for extreme peaks in traffic and we don't want him spending more money than he already does.
  Thank you and keep your eyes opened for more updates!

[FONT=Courier New']  [FONT=Courier New']http://nwn.layonara.com/downloads/files/v3_hak/layo_final2_V3.rar [/FONT][FONT=Courier New'][/FONT]
  [FONT=Courier New']
http://nwn.layonara.com/downloads/files/v3_hak/layo_final1_V3.rar [/FONT]

http://nwn.layonara.com/downloads/files/v3_hak/layo_tilesBV3.rar
[/FONT][FONT=Courier New'][FONT=Courier New'] [/FONT][/FONT]

Leanthar

Re: Preparation for V3
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2007, 12:32:29 pm »
Woohoo! :) Thank you for all of your hard work on these hak paks Pan. Good stuff.

vitor

• View Profile
    RE: Preparation for V3
    « Reply #2 on: February 16, 2007, 01:15:20 pm »
    woohoo *claps*

Witch Hunter

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2007, 02:12:52 pm »
    Yay! and the download is so fast! thank you.

Fatherchaos

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2007, 02:21:16 pm »
    With permission, I'm willing to host these files on my server and seed an appropriate bittorrent to help alleviate the d/l bandwidth.

Marswipp

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2007, 04:10:46 pm »
    Downloading all three as of this message.
    Playing D&D 3.5e, D&D 5e, Pathfinder, and exploring Starfinder through a VTT

Redhawk

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2007, 04:41:03 pm »
    *Does a happy dance*

You guys rule!

pejsaboy

• View Profile
      « Reply #7 on: February 16, 2007, 09:15:05 pm »
      Very nice, looking forward to the new changes. Will putting the haks into the hak folder now/early cause any problems?

Pankoki

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2007, 09:27:16 pm »
      Nope. No problems at all.

Hellblazer

RE: Preparation for V3
      « Reply #9 on: February 16, 2007, 09:43:16 pm »
      weeeeeeee!

Witch Hunter

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2007, 11:01:13 pm »
      So what new stuff other than the dwarven halls have been included in the hakpak? :O

Harlas Ravelkione

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2007, 07:44:33 am »
      Great!

Nibor21

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2007, 11:41:34 pm »
      Fatherchaos - 2/15/2007  10:21 PM

With permission, I'm willing to host these files on my server and seed an appropriate bittorrent to help alleviate the d/l bandwidth.

Project Team do you want a torrent to be set up for this? I'm also willing to host a torrent for this. It will save bandwidth on the servers and as there currently isn't any rush on these it would make sense.

Leanthar

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2007, 05:45:41 am »
      I have no idea how torrent works, in the sense that I never use it. I also worry about viruii when things are not under our control so with that said we probably shouldn't do this. Though we do appreciate the offer.

Dorganath

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2007, 05:48:37 am »
      Witch Hunter - 2/17/2007  1:01 AM  So what new stuff other than the dwarven halls have been included in the hakpak? :O
       We already have dwarven halls.
        But to answer your question in a playfully vague way....
        Lots of cool things, from tilesets to lots of other options for your characters. Mostly, the HAKs above are for the tilesets. There are more coming soon, so just stay tuned!
        Many areas have been rebuilt for V3, so I think you all will be pleasantly surprised by a lot of things.

LynnJuniper

« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2007, 06:07:24 am »
      New Stuff is awesome, pretty, pretty eyecandy. I'm sure you guys have done a magnificent job while maintaining the feel of Layonara....now its just a matter not getting lost (Just when I was starting to become slightly less directionally challenged too ;) )

Witch Hunter

« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2007, 06:18:58 am »
      Ohh so those were mostly tilesets... I was hoping for new armors hehe! crossing fingers to see them at the final release.

Fatherchaos

« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2007, 06:37:23 am »
      Leanthar, Generic information on bittorrent can be found here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BitTorrent  Likewise, Bittorrent is essentially a group of people who get who share bandwidth to provide files to one another. Everyone person downloading contributes to the download pool, with those who have the entire file acting as seeders. Pretty nifty stuff actually. And the more who download it, often the faster the download is for everyone else.
         So if one of you provide the initial seed or torrent, then viri can't be added into the stream as the checksums wouldn't match, and that data would be discarded before use.
         Let me know if you change your mind :)

Dorganath

« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2007, 07:07:32 am »
      Witch Hunter - 2/20/2007  8:18 AM  Ohh so those were mostly tilesets... I was hoping for new armors hehe! crossing fingers to see them at the final release.
       I said more is coming, so just be patient. ;)

Xerah

• View Profile
        « Reply #19 on: February 23, 2007, 09:52:03 pm »
        It's probably best to wait a few days for version 3 before starting, eh?

anything