The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Raman and Elrina have been banned  (Read 264 times)

Leanthar

Raman and Elrina have been banned
« on: October 02, 2005, 03:07:00 pm »
It is a sad day I have to say at the least. We have been tracking some strange things in what we thought was a CNR issue but have instead come to find much more than that.....a player exploiting a broken quest that gives both gold and XP as reward(which was not reported—we just found it during this process). This player was using unapproved characters to run to a location be given an item (of which the main exploiter had around 40 in his inventory—by a duplication process—see below) and turn in the quest item for both of them to get xp and gold over and over again. Then on top of that that this player is also duplicating items to advance in crafting as well as spreading items among friends and acquaintances which is being done by exploiting a well known nwn/firewall issue and using multiple cd-keys. Everybody should be crystal clear that all of this is against the rules of the server and in this case it is obvious that this has been happening for a long time with sole intention of exploiting.
  The saddest thing is that at the beginning of our research we went to this person (not knowing anything weird was happening at this time mind you) and asked how certain skill values were up so fast and the player stated it was a legit and on the up and up, that he just played many hours a week etc.—which is/was an outright blatant lie. We started going down the path of something weird in code and then we saw the quest exploit with that player and a few other unapproved characters (played by multiple bioware accounts using various cd-keys). We then saw this person duplicating items and giving them out to people during the duplication process. He was trying so hard to harm the world and community that he was despicable enough to resort to using two or three separate cd-keys to do part of the exploit.
  With that said the following forum, and nwn accounts have been banned—on top of that their entire IP ranges have been banned as well:
  + zeeg_zeeg99 (and 4 other accounts that he uses) – Raman Davis is the character name.
  + Genignesn, Elrina Thell (caught picking up a clearly dupped box of potions during one of his routines, and it was done so smoothly that it had clearly happened before)
  Without a doubt this was the most despicable thing I have seen while running Layonara. It is disheartening to see a human being stoop so low as to do this and outright, blatantly lie about things. Just terrible. Good riddance.

miltonyorkcastle

RE: Raman and Elrina have been banned
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2005, 03:22:00 pm »
*sighs*  good grief.

regnus

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2005, 03:30:00 pm »
It always amazes me that people put so much effort into something so useless.  It is like people that write virus/spyware code.  Why not focus that energy on something worthwhile?

Tedulas

• View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: October 02, 2005, 03:31:00 pm »
    Oh my! I wouldn't even suspect of that happening - but seriously, giving out duped potions and items, well that ruins the server and just makes weak characters strong quick.
    At least you got down to the case GM team, and cracked this nut! Another bad thing rid of!

egoober

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2005, 03:31:00 pm »
    A sad day yes.
    It must be dispiriting to have to do this, but can I just take a moment to say thankyou? Without this kind of diligent policing and positive action Layonara would not be the joy that it is
    I'm sorry to say players willing to stoop to these levels are no loss, and the community is better off without them.

So, one again, thankyou

freemen2

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2005, 03:34:00 pm »
    What's beyond me is why bother doing something like this :s  Aye, good riddance *shrugs*

FlameStrike

• Followers of Toran
      • View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: October 02, 2005, 03:34:00 pm »
    It's just sad, but it makes those people happy. Good riddance indeed, let them have fun in their own level-40-in-2-days-server. *shakes his head*

KageKeeper

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2005, 03:50:00 pm »
    *shakes head*

I just cannot believe what some people will do. How can that be fun? Give me a break.

Hasta La Vista and good riddance.

It is a shame that Leanthar and the GM team have to take the time to do these types of things, but at least they do so the server stays safe and fair for everyone.

EventHorizon

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2005, 03:51:00 pm »
    *sigh I feel sorry for all of you GMs who put in so much of your own time making this world into something great, only to have people try ruining your work. :(

Some just don't realize. Playing here should not be that much different from a PnP session.
    Treat your fellow players and GMs like they are sitting there, at the same table.
    Having fun is good, but Never on somebody else's cost.

How much does it cost a month, to keep this place up and running? How many hours of labour needs to be put in just to keep it up and running smoothly? Excluding all the time GMs put into helping players with other issues, and making fun quests.

Playing on Layonara is not a right, it is a Privilege.

Guardian 452

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2005, 04:20:00 pm »
    Thank you Leanthar and the GM team.

Realy not much more to say.

Keep up the good work!

You all are VERY MUCH appreciated!!!!

Respectfully

G-452

twidget658

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2005, 04:43:00 pm »
    Yeah, to me that is just taking away the GM team from spending time with the players and having fun.

Good job GM's for keeping Layonara fun and 'clean'.

NitaThompson

• View Profile
      « Reply #11 on: October 02, 2005, 05:39:00 pm »
      Please.  If you feel the need to cheat at this game then go somewhere else.  The team of Layonara has gone through many changes but it still stands the same.  The belief of the team is for everyone to have a fun time and rp.

There is no reason to cheat.  If you dont allow your character to progress at the normal rate you are missing out on so many great opportunites that can just pass you by.  Dont ruin the fun and enjoyment for others by being selfish.

Ar7

« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2005, 01:11:00 am »
      So that's how this happened, I wondered how he got to level 20 in alchemy. I usually check the tradeskill stats quite often and it was really weird to see this player suddenly appear at the top.

NEXUS7

« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2005, 05:48:00 am »
      There fun as they see it just takes from others,
      Selfish, pointless and Just not cricket.

In the end a cheats only cheat them selfs.

Harloff

« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2005, 06:01:00 am »
      *shakes head* I just can't understand how anyone could get the idea that he or she could get away with leveling to level 20 in alchemy within few weeks. It is just too obvious...

LoganGrimnar

• Followers of Vorax
        • View Profile
      « Reply #15 on: October 03, 2005, 09:09:00 am »
      Kai... your wife is EVIL!

Chrys Ellis

• View Profile
        « Reply #16 on: October 03, 2005, 11:45:00 am »
        I'd like to say that I caught a hint of this recently when traveling with Raman, whom I had just met that day. We got into some combat, and Xiao took some damage.  He was down to about 120 HP from 194, and the battle was over.  Raman ran over and used a target heal potion on Xiao.  I told him not to waste such a valuable potion on me, especially when we were out of combat and in no immediate danger. He said it was no big deal, that he had plenty of them.
          Now, I know how difficult bodaks teeth are to get, and, even if killing the bodaks is not a problem, there simply aren't that many to be had at one time, so this made me pretty suspicious. I looked on the tradeskill stats and there was Raman's name, already above mine, having not been on the list at all just weeks before.  I thought that was pretty odd, of course.
          The point of my post is that I suspected something, but the only thing I did about it was decide to keep an eye on him.  I guess I felt I didn't want to accuse him of something without proof. The thing is, I had no real way of verifying his story, but the GM's do.  In the future, if I suspect someone of something like this, I will alert a GM. After all, it's not an accusation; it's merely suspicion.  If I'm wrong in my suspicion, there's no harm done, since I'm only telling GM's, but if I'm right the GM's have ways of checking things like this that the players simply have no access to.  To anyone else out there that suspects someone of doing something like this, please alert the GM team, and let them handle it.  I know I will next time.  Good work guys.

Talan Va'lash

« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2005, 02:31:00 pm »
        Well, thats the second time someones gotten to the top of alchemy by exploiting.  I'd never even heard of him.

Oh, another thing you should look into... Steve's GM avatar is level 20 in alchemy now too.  I think you should look into that, seems a little fishy *wink*.

-TV

Etinfall

« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2005, 03:52:00 pm »
        I just want Leanthar and the Layo Team to know there a lot of us who enjoy their work as intended. We play games to enjoy the game and not to try and find exploits. You have a great thing going here and your enthusiasm and dedication to fun is greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much!

Etinfall

steverimmer

« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2005, 01:58:00 am »
        Oops forgot to take that ring off :)