The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Server Unstable  (Read 149 times)

Yosemite Sam

• View Profile
    Server Unstable
    « on: February 10, 2006, 05:43:11 pm »
    I think the patch today has done something, as west has been very unstable since it was applied today.

orth

Re: Server Unstable
    « Reply #1 on: February 10, 2006, 05:48:51 pm »
    There was no update/patch today, I didn't bother.  So uh, yeah nothing's changed.

Yosemite Sam

• View Profile
      « Reply #2 on: February 10, 2006, 05:51:23 pm »
      Interesting, since this is the most unstable I have seen the server since I started playing again.  There is not a lot of people on, and it still crashes.  Maybe we need a cold restart of the server?

Leanthar

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2006, 05:53:58 pm »
      Rebooting west (the server) now.

freemen2

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2006, 06:04:01 pm »
      I've seen crashes on all servers W. C. and E. but for east was in a huge party that was probably causing the crashes on west earlier today, then east...however this as been the worst I've seen all 3 servers acting-up so bad...Also thought you guys had implemented something new *shrugs*

Leanthar

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2006, 06:08:16 pm »
      Actually what normally happens is the servers run stable for a long while. Then after a time (and no real good time table) it crashes a module. For some reason (not all of the time) it causes a hole in memory due to the crash. Then the module automatically starts again (we don't do a total server reboot) and things go along fine for a while then memory is written to in that 'hole' and it crashes...then things get worse as things progress. A server reboot (not just world/module) tends to clear up the problem. I think that is what we were seeing here.  Not sure.

freemen2

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2006, 06:24:11 pm »
      You mean all this isn't because we actually bloodied Bloods nose and killed one of his generals? *sniff sniff* My delusions are all falling to pieces they are  *goes to cry in a corner* ;)

Leanthar

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2006, 06:25:39 pm »
      *chuckles* That was pretty funny though. :)