The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: shields  (Read 293 times)

Fian Bearsark

shields
« on: July 18, 2006, 01:49:52 pm »
I am now ready to admit I am pretty confused as to how to customize shield appearances. I'll list what I have attempted so far and you can tell me what I did wrong.

I went to the customization forge in the Craft Hall of Hlint with a regular copper tower shield I had bought ( I used the customization station that looks like a forge)
I clicked and received 3 options- Customize Armor, Shield, or Weapon.
I clicked on shield and was told I needed the shield crafting kit. I went and bought a kit.
I came back and clicked to receive only 2 options now - Craft Armor or Craft Weapon. The Shield option now doesn't show since I have the crafting kit.

Does the kit not work, the copper shield not work in customization or something else?

Lord of the Forest

Re: shields
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2006, 02:00:02 pm »
Just reequip the shield and try again. Usually it should work ... you can even customize copper shields as far as I know.

Xandor Loriland

• Followers of Aeridin
    • View Profile
Re: shields
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2006, 02:07:09 pm »
I have had the same thing happen.  It seems to me that the forge sometimes doesn't detect the items that you have equiped correctly.  When it happens to me I just keep trying and eventually the forge gives the option I am looking for.

Fian Bearsark

RE: shields
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2006, 04:36:24 pm »
Repeated attempts did the trick, thanks.