The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Storage Bug with boxes/bags: Restoration from backups required, changes may be lost  (Read 214 times)

orth

I'm frustrated to report there was a bug with the storage system not saving containers within crates/chests properly. I have compiled a list of the players impacted and we will have to restore from backups which were before the server move. If you have made any changes to the contents of the boxes that were stored in these containers then we will happily restore them. Unfortunately I'm still at work and can't get in game to perform the restoration from backups so I won't be able to assess everything until later today. Based on storage logs the following players are impacted.
  • Ferrit Pandorn
  • Daniel Benjamin Poetr
  • Olmae
  • Cherry
  • Ryubi Jingles
  • Celador Blackleaf
The latest module update should no longer have this problem.-orth 

The following users thanked this post: miltonyorkcastle, Serissa, cbnicholson, willhoff, Cherry

orth

All of those impacted except
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2015, 04:48:31 pm »

All of those impacted except for Cherry have had their items restored from the backups. Please examine any storage placeables that held containers you used since the update and let me know if you're missing anything, or if you've gained stuff you used if you want to be really honourable! I could examine the logs thoroughly but it'd be easier to handle this on a case by case basis.

Cherry your house furniture was already loaded so we will have to wait for the next reset for yours to appear corrected. In the meantime, do not put anything in those chests where you had containers before or else the db will get overwritten again. 

Cherry

Will do! Thanks again!
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2015, 04:51:39 pm »

Will do! Thanks again!

Cherry

Just want to verify that this
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2015, 05:02:36 pm »

Just want to verify that this is only for the chest with missing boxes?  I can still put things in my bank chest and ox?

orth

Cherry wrote:Just want to
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2015, 05:04:38 pm »

Quote from: "Cherry"&cid="2756812"

Just want to verify that this is only for the chest with missing boxes?  I can still put things in my bank chest and ox?

Yes, that's fine, you can even put things in other chests in your home that contained loose items.

Cherry

Just checking in on this. 
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2015, 12:26:18 pm »

Just checking in on this.  Looks like the server has been reset and the chest is still empty.  Should there be boxes now?

orth

Cherry wrote:Just checking in
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2015, 12:56:38 pm »

Quote from: "Cherry"&cid="2756847"

Just checking in on this.  Looks like the server has been reset and the chest is still empty.  Should there be boxes now?

Okay all dealt with!

anything