The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Stuck Crates/Chests/Other Containers - Possible Workaround  (Read 505 times)

orth

Stuck Crates/Chests/Other Containers - Possible Workaround
« on: February 28, 2009, 06:52:40 am »
While I was cleaning up some bank chests I decided to try to duplicate the chest remaining open and was able to successfully do this many times.

What I noticed is that rapid clicking of the chest creates a problem with the open/close.  The close doesn't finish its scripting and therefore it gets stuck open for ever.

[SIZE=16]What you should do to avoid stuck crates[/SIZE]

Walk up to the container and click it to open or click on it from where you are to move to it and open in but only click the container once! Clicking the container both opens and closes it depending on its state.

When you see it open, do what you need and then close the container with either the close button or by clicking the container another time. You can auto close it by leaving the vicinity of the container as well.  

• Remember click the container once to open, once to close
  • Do not open a container then walk away but while walking away click it again
  • Do not rapidly click a container many times
Try to be particular about the whole open/close operation.  When a container closes, don't open it again for at least a few seconds to be safe.  I hope this helps a little to reduce this frustration.

The following users thanked this post: Stephen_Zuckerman, Hellblazer, Ravemore, tlo2009

Cinnabar

Re: Stuck Crates/Chests/Other Containers - Possible Workaround
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2009, 07:10:29 am »
Good Advice, Thanks.

I've also found that if one is careful to specifically close the chest before opening anything else (bags in inventory, another chest, etc), things seem to go smoothly. I started that as a firm policy several months back and haven't had a stuck chest since.

Hellblazer

Re: Stuck Crates/Chests/Other Containers - Possible Workaround
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2009, 10:18:18 am »
Leaving the chest vicinity has caused chest to stick open for me in the past. Better to click close and wait for it to be completely closed.

anything