The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Textual Physical Descriptions  (Read 181 times)

Yllyrryon

Textual Physical Descriptions
« on: June 25, 2005, 08:23:00 pm »
In the course of character generation, is there anything that allows me to add textual descriptions to the appearance menu that comes up when other players' characters look at my character?  If so, where in the course of character generation do I input the text of what they "see"?  I just generated my first character for Layonara, Ael Rynthien.  I did not see anywhere that allowed me to enter a textual description, although I have one ready to go if this is possible.  If I missed something, can I re-generate Ael Rynthien to include this feature?  As of yet, I have done no adventuring or roleplaying, as this question was unresolved in my mind.  Thank you!

IDii

RE: Textual Physical Descriptions
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2005, 08:49:00 pm »
There's the description field that shows when you examine a character.

It's in the last customization menu. Where you choose name, deity, age, soundset... Big field. Already has some default text in it but you can delete that.

Yllyrryon

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2005, 09:27:00 pm »
Thank you for your response.

If possible, I would like to include a textual description with Ael Rynthien, and I will be back on-line some time Sunday afternoon, or later (gmt -6).  If players are unable to delete characters, please delete the character so I can re-generate him to include such a description.  Or if there is some way to edit this in, please let me know.

As I indicated, I have only just generated the character and done nothing in-game other than speak to the npc healer of Ilsare and examine the nearby pool at Hlint.  So a deletion, re-generation would not cause any problems here.

Thanks again for your time and patience!

orth

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2005, 09:36:00 pm »
Send me a PM of what you'd like to see in your description.

Yllyrryon

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2005, 06:30:00 pm »
I tried sending this via PM, but it just sits there in my outbox.  So here's what I'd like to include:
----------
Ael Rynthien is tall for an elf, standing 5'9". His build is slender, yet his limbs are long and muscular. He exudes self control and discipline; he is stoic and gaunt. His facial features are sharp, as if chiseled from obsidian, including high cheek bones and a well proportioned nose in a narrow, yet well proportioned face. His movements are precise, as if even the slightest one were intended; his figure is always relaxed, yet poised. When he moves, he flows with a cat-like grace. His skin is jet black; his eyes a deep blood-red crimson; and his hair a shiny silver. He keeps his hair very short and closely cut, or shaved off entirely.
------------

Thank you!

Yllyrryon

aragwen

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2005, 06:35:00 am »
Messages will sit in your outbox till the user that you PM collects the message.
  Regards Aragwen