The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: V3 Launch and Expectations  (Read 217 times)

vgn

V3 Launch and Expectations
« on: February 27, 2007, 08:25:58 am »
Hello all.

I'm not a current member of any administrative team here at Layonara but I haven't seen anything similar posted regarding V3 and I thought I would help the hard working team out a little bit.

If all goes well, V3 will launch this evening. This is a major release for Layonara and the team has worked long and hard on it. They have also done quite a bit of testing, but as is the case whenever a great portion of the world and systems change, the likelihood that something or somethings have been missed is high. This is nothing against the hardworking team, but instead the reality of any large software related project.

That being said, I know everyone is excited about V3 and all the changes but I ask on behalf of the team that should you run into a snag you please show patience and follow the standard procedures.

1. If the problem is very large and likely impacts not only you, but others as well, there is probably a message right here in this forum about it along with any updates on the solution. Always check the Server forum before panicking.

2. If you have found a problem, whether it seems localized to you or not, go to the bug reports forum, http://www.layonaraonline.com/forums/forums/forum-view.asp?fid=71 and first check to see if someone else has brought it up. If no one has brought it up, then please post a detailed account of what the problem is. Give as much information as possible relating to the issue. If someone has brought it up, then read what has been said so far. If you feel you have more information that might help, then add to that thread. Please avoid "me too" and "when is this getting fixed" type posts.

3. If you have found a problem and it appears to be of an exploitable nature. Please disregard number 2 above and send a PM to the relevant members of the team. They will track the bug/exploit separately and fix it in private.

4. If a problem induced in V3 is of a horrific nature and causes your character(s) substantial loss (i.e. chest issues, xp issues, bank issues, death issues) then please use the Grievances Forum, http://www.layonaraonline.com/forums/forums/forum-view.asp?fid=123 and report your loss as usual. Please include a link to the Bug report which explains the problem.

Finally, I would ask again that after doing any of the above items, you then show patience and wait for the team to solve the problems. I'm sure they will be working hard to solve any problems and pestering them will only slow the effort.

Congratulations on the expectant launch team!
You've done a great job.

Faldred

RE: V3 Launch and Expectations
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2007, 08:31:11 am »
Can I add a #5, even though it's not related to reporting bugs?

5.  Please don't rush the servers tonight (or when the release occurs, if delayed again).  I know everyone is anxious to see all the new goodies and start exploring, but it's not as if V3 is going to be here tonight and gone tomorrow.

FlameStrike

• Followers of Toran
    • View Profile
RE: V3 Launch and Expectations
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2007, 10:46:44 am »
Faldred - 2/27/2007  4:31 PM

Can I add a #5, even though it's not related to reporting bugs?

5.  Please don't rush the servers tonight (or when the release occurs, if delayed again).  I know everyone is anxious to see all the new goodies and start exploring, but it's not as if V3 is going to be here tonight and gone tomorrow.

Although i understand the comment in itself, i agree that people should -not- rush the server when it goes down for updating, and comes back up.

However, when all the updates are set and the server is stable, it's  expected that probably the server player cap will be reached, since everyone has the right(as a player, and of course the Dev Team has priority over others, for bug testing and whatnot), to play.

I'm not meaning i'm gonna rush it and i'm not meaning to counter your #5 suggestion, far from it, i do agree with you in all points, save on the one i mentioned above. :)

Oh and by the way...

I'm really curious about what changes V3 will bring, i bet it'll be a huge impact as obviously it has taken a huge amount of time from everyone involved in it. With this said, i'll have to say...

Thank you, Leanthar and everyone else involved in the V3 update, and of course, all that is Layonara ;)

EdTheKet

Re: V3 Launch and Expectations
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2007, 11:45:07 am »
Thank you vgn, very valid points!