The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Performers wanted...  (Read 246 times)

Acacea

Performers wanted...
« on: August 04, 2006, 06:57:02 am »
[SIZE=32]Under-advertised Party at the Arms!   [SIZE=16]Looking for bards of all styles to perform for prizes at the next opening, whether with jokes, stories, instruments, or lyrics, or for all we know, a dancing monkey with a flaming tail and amusing hat.  [SIZE=16]Who frets overly much about entry fees and categorizations?[/SIZE] [SIZE=18]Show up when the doors open and give a name and what you're doing and you can have your chance to entertain and spread your name...[SIZE=13]No slight-rhyme intended[/SIZE][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]  This is mostly to have some fun and hear performances from people who don't often have the opportunity, and everyone likes to be entertained! To encourage contestants, there will be a few prizes awarded, even though I surely can't afford it! A few thousand gold, simple oak instruments, or a personal favorite, free food... or a belt by Triba that is rather on the practical side but is still made exceptionally well. Maybe a lion bag. Really... depends on if anyone shows![/i]  If enough competition is offered, there will be better prizes to choose from for the victor, namely a rather graceful pair of gloves needed in any performer's wardrobe, stylish enough to make Freldo groan with envy.  Derrick, the owner of the inn, was given them by Ozymandias to in turn give to a bard in competition. Handed to and worn by Acacea for several years, they've still been kept in performing condition and are, let's face it, a classic, fitting all but half-orcs and dwarves, for whom they are probably a stretch and would look silly on, anyway.  (...And brownies, who could probably wear one as a dress. (Altered on request!))   If there are only one or two performers (or none, again!), we will hold onto them rather than give them away to a default winner.  [SIZE=16]If nothing else, halflings should come for pie, because who doesn't like the 10-day birthday parties?   [SIZE=10]PS, it's not short notice, this was here the whole time...really! [/SIZE][/SIZE]   [SIZE=10]((Start: [/i]4pm PDT, 7pm EDT (whenever doors open..) Ends: 7pmPDT, 10pm EDT (well, you can still perform, I just won't be there.) ))[/SIZE]

SuperMunch

Re: Performers wanted...
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2006, 12:27:45 pm »
*Freldo looks at Acacea's notice... thinks a little and gets busy preparing his winning presentation.*

*The sound of Freldo's violin is clearly heard coming from the Inn.*

anything