The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Come in from the cold.  (Read 103 times)

Lalaith Va'lash

Come in from the cold.
« on: October 31, 2006, 07:22:37 pm »
*Kali squints out the snowflake covered window of the tavern to see a figure walking by, trying to stay warmin the cold snowy air of Leilon. She hops up and makes her way to the door, swinging it open to invite the traveller in*
  Come in from the cold *She chimes with a warm smile while holding a mug of somthing steamy in her hands*
  *The two walk into the tavern in front of the warm fire, and she offers a hot drink of somthing that smells of cinnamin and whiskey*
  So tell me, what brings you to Leilon, on such a cold night?
  *She quietly takes a sip of her own drink and awaits your reply*

orth

Re: Come in from the cold.
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2006, 04:31:42 pm »
*lowering his hood and shaking off the excess snow from his shoulders, the dark haired elf priest smiles and speaks softly in Elven*

Kali... perhaps now you might remember me... it has been some time. *he smiles slightly and places his hand on his chest* I am happy to see the Lifegiver continues to bless you.

As for why I am here on a cold and snowy night in Leilon... I am returning from a visit to Blackford Castle, I tried to visit with the queen as I've been hearing rumours of many things but I was turned away.  I thought I might stay at an inn before I set sail back to Port Hampshire.  Aside from all that, I certainly can not turn down a warm and spicy drink with good company.

*his smile warms over as he leans back slightly, examining her momentarily* And what has come to pass for you all these years?

Lalaith Va'lash

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2006, 04:46:18 pm »
*She glances to the fire briefly in careful thought, her nose wrinkling slighlty as she is obviously trying hard to remeber the elf. She shrugs it off and smiles warmly before speaking in her normal sing song voice*
  All these years? *She giggles slightly* It would depend on where we have last left off, of course.
  *She looks around* There was this, the inn. Oh, but you knew that right? *Looks to him to judge if he knew of her stay there or not*
  The years have been quite good to me though.. *She furrows her brow slighlty* But, You mention coming to Blackford? What rumours have you heard of the Queen? *Her emerald eyes watch him curiously*

orth

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2006, 05:06:09 pm »
*he grins and tries to recollect their last encounter, his memory failing him, he just smiles*

*he nods slightly as she mentions the inn, his white robes still damp from the melted snow* I had heard but not seen...and was never certain if it was the Kali I met that one day... though the descriptions fit.  You would be surprised how many people know the hostess of the Leilon Arms.

*his expression changes to a more serious tone as he considers her question about the Queen*  Sadly I do not know very much but from what I have heard of local gossip, even the church seems to be unable to figure out what is amiss with the Queen. Some say she has given up the throne, others say she was dethroned, some speculate she is very ill, and others, well others think her last strand  has broken...  *he frowns at the thought for a moment and tries to gauge Kali's reaction to the news*

*he turns outward to the open tavern and looks to her* Perhaps someone here may know more?

Lalaith Va'lash

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2006, 05:16:28 pm »
*Kali taps her lip slighlty, again in thought as he clues her in to when they may have met before. She shrugs it off and takes a long sip of her drink before speaking in answer to his description of rumours of the Queen*
  News I'm afraid does not travel fast as it used to through the forest of Dregar and caravan fires. I had not heard much of the Queen until returning to Mistone I'm afraid.*giggles slighlty and speaks more to herself* What a bard I've become!
  *She seems to contemplate the news of the Queen, her expression not really one of great sadness, but more that of her normal curious self, she follows his gaze to see who else may be in the inn*
  I'm really quite suprised that nobody knows more, or at least are not letting on to knowing more. Sometimes the guards or flagbarers from the castle stop in for a drink on the coldest night....
  *laughs slighlty* Nights like tonight in fact... maybe we will get lucky?*Her eyes watch the door in anticipation*

anything