The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Editable [X]  (Read 144 times)

Stephen_Zuckerman

Editable [X]
« on: February 11, 2006, 04:31:41 pm »
Here's the idea... Editable shtuff. For example, a way to edit thier description. That would be, frankly, totally niftycool. I've no clue whether it's possible, but hey; if we can send messages, who knows what could be done?

And another... The portraits that are up on LORE... Quite a few, including my own, are still Mr./Ms. Hooded Figure. How/when will that be corrected, and, more importantly, what can the players do to help that along?

KageKeeper

Re: Editable [X]
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2006, 05:28:30 pm »
I can answer the editable descriptions thing.

If you are referring to your character's bio, thats not going to happen. From what I understand, it is very difficult to change.

Disclaimer: I may be very wrong and will wait for a more knowledgable person to confirm or deny this. :)

Lalaith Va'lash

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2006, 05:43:18 pm »
... Or did you mean like, editing the description of objects. Such as adding the story to a certain sword or peice of armour?
  If that is the case, Orth has a nifty tool for that, but... I was under the impression that customizing armour weapons, ect. that were edited crashed the server. So it was left to the writing system that we have now.
  I agree with Kage's disclaimer though:

Disclaimer: I may be very wrong and will wait for a more knowledgable person to confirm or deny this.
 LV

Stephen_Zuckerman

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2006, 05:49:29 pm »
Well, the customizing of descriptions for various items would be infinitely niftycool, I was speaking of the Bio description (the Examine text) for the character...

Still, actually making the Flame Tounge (if I can somehow find a way to get an Addy Keen Rapier with Fire III on it) would be the ultimate.

OneST8

RE: Editable [X]
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2006, 06:46:39 pm »
Stephen_Zuckerman - 2/11/2006  7:31 PM

Here's the idea... Editable shtuff. For example, a way to edit thier description. That would be, frankly, totally niftycool. I've no clue whether it's possible, but hey; if we can send messages, who knows what could be done?

Waiting for 1.67 release which includes official support for SetName(). How this will be implemented is probably not what you're expecting because these types of capabilities require more RP soul to them. The message system currently breaks a bit of that RP with "how did you send that letter just now?" and the "oh Postmaster Vale did me a favour" excuse is wearing thin. The purpose of the message system was to test the waters with the object editing system before going full boar on a whole in-game postal system among other things.

And another... The portraits that are up on LORE... Quite a few, including my own, are still Mr./Ms. Hooded Figure. How/when will that be corrected, and, more importantly, what can the players do to help that along?

In the relatively near future you will be able to upload "correct" portraits for your own characters to LORE, and LORE in turn will allow everyone to download everyone's portraits. Think you're missing one? well it'll be in a link under the PC's portrait in LORE. Simply download it and unzip/rar/tar it into your portraits folder and you should be good to go. There will of course be complete instructions for working with the system but it'll allow the community to maintain itself. All you need to do on an individual level is maintain your own character's portraits on LORE.

KageKeeper

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2006, 06:51:20 pm »
Wow. Very cool  info OneST8. :)

Thanks!

Nyralotep

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2006, 07:14:36 pm »
That is cool OneSt8.  You guys working on this rock!

Talan Va'lash

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2006, 03:49:11 am »
Stephen_Zuckerman - 2/11/2006  6:49 PM

Still, actually making the Flame Tounge (if I can somehow find a way to get an Addy Keen Rapier with Fire III on it) would be the ultimate.

The Flame Tongue is a longsword :P

-TV

Stephen_Zuckerman

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2006, 10:21:27 am »
Talan Va'lash - 2/12/2006  6:49 AM

Stephen_Zuckerman - 2/11/2006  6:49 PM

The Flame Tongue is a longsword :P

-TV

Oh, hush; I had it on my Layo char's namesake before I read about the longsword.

Lightning's Kiss (What would effectively be a Mithril Keen Rapier with Silver II and Electric III), which a Bard of mine had, would be another OHMYGOD AWESOME thing.

As for the RP for it... I figure most people wouldn't really even want to go to the trouble of renaming "just another piece of equipment," but for those of us whose swords etc. already HAVE names... Acacea's Zappy, for instance, or whatever Pyyran will end up naming his rapier when it gets its Ice II enchantment on it...

Just sounds nifty.

As for the current LORE message system... I usually at least try to go see Vale when I'm sending one, and since it costs 50gp, what "favor" is involved?

Stephen_Zuckerman

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2006, 10:22:12 am »
Nyralotep - 2/11/2006  10:14 PM

That is cool OneSt8.  You guys working on this rock!

That goes without saying.

And with saying.

And... Och, I got nothin'.

You guys do rock.

anything