The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: LORE Character Index  (Read 218 times)

regnus

LORE Character Index
« on: March 06, 2006, 07:12:56 am »
I like the new listing in columns for the character index but would it be possible to list then vertically rather than horizontally?

Also, is it possible to highlight where you are in the listing?  Say for example I am looking at page 2 of 6 then have that highlighted at the top?

OneST8

RE: LORE Character Index
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2006, 01:40:57 pm »
regnus - 3/6/2006  10:12 AM

I like the new listing in columns for the character index but would it be possible to list then vertically rather than horizontally?

It is possible but it is more headache for me to code than the feature is useful. If you view the source of the page you'll notice that the listing is really just one vertical list (like it was before) but the CSS used on the listing allows it to flow sideways instead of virtically, so by setting the width of the list entity to a fixed size it gives the appearance of multi-column listing when it's really just one list. This was a two minute feature to implement whereas the multi-vertical-column approach would be considerable more work.

Also, is it possible to highlight where you are in the listing?  Say for example I am looking at page 2 of 6 then have that highlighted at the top?

This is already being done, the current letter and page block are underlined. If this should be more distinct, I'll look into it for the next update.

anything