The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Suggestion  (Read 454 times)

Ravemore

Suggestion
« on: June 06, 2009, 06:08:14 pm »
Just a suggestion for consideration. The LORE messenger birds are awesome and present a super cool method for sending IC messages, however, they are rather expensive. Would it be possible to talk about lowering the price from 50 and 100 to something like 5 and 10? It seems like it would promote their use more, add more to the game, and I cannot really think of any balance or economic issues at the moment that would make it a bad idea. I know I would be sending 3 to 4 a day if they were a little cheaper...

The following users thanked this post: Filatus, Hellblazer, davidhoff

Dorganath

Re: Suggestion
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2009, 06:40:03 pm »
Moved to appropriate forum.

Ravemore

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2009, 09:04:35 pm »
Oops, apologies. :-)

Stephen_Zuckerman

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2011, 07:18:38 pm »
Seconding this.

Dremora

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2011, 07:27:07 pm »
Personally I think 50 gold a messange with autonomy costing nothing extra would be decent. But lower works too so seconding the idea, though maybe not the 5-10 coin charge.

Alatriel

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2011, 07:28:41 pm »
I just saw people spend 250,000Tr on an ioun stone... I don't think 50-100gp for a messenger bird is that much.  you can get that much from beating up level one skeletons, or looting one trolloc in the great forest.

just my 2 cents.... *shrugs*

I'd love to see a place in game that we could access them though, so it didn't have to go through Lore.  Maybe the messenger falcon station in Center to have some sort of function that if a character is online at the time of sending the message, a message can be sent to them.

Something like that could be for shorter messages... and maybe that could be 5-10 gp, and the longer lore-sent falcons could be more since you can put longer messages on them

Stephen_Zuckerman

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2011, 07:32:43 pm »
Quote from: Alatriel
I'd love to see a place in game that we could access them though, so it didn't have to go through Lore.  Maybe the messenger falcon station in Center to have some sort of function that if a character is online at the time of sending the message, a message can be sent to them.

Something like that could be for shorter messages... and maybe that could be 5-10 gp, and the longer lore-sent falcons could be more since you can put longer messages on them

I had to remove my Thanks so I could hit the button again. Repeatedly.

Ravemore

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2011, 08:56:52 pm »
Oooooh...such a good idea! :)

Quote from: Alatriel

Hellblazer

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2011, 06:07:45 am »
I think the original idea is great for lower characters that can't actually go on a rampage against trolloc.

At the same time, I like the second idea proposed by Alatriel, but I wouldn't lock it to if the char is online at the time, since technically and rp talking, they are always in the world, even if the player isn't.

So maybe do the same as it has been done with the pawnshops. Place that option to send an IG bird message in center falcon kiosks, but put a split on how much it would cost, depending on levels. Maybe a three stage approach from 1 to 12 = 10 true, 12 to 20= 50 true, and 20 and over 1000 true :p

gilshem ironstone

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2011, 03:07:53 pm »
Quote from: Hellblazer
I think the original idea is great for lower characters that can't actually go on a rampage against trolloc.

As suggested, you can easily earn 50-100 gold by cleansing the crypts of Vehl.

Quote from: Hellblazer
At the same time, I like the second idea proposed by Alatriel, but I wouldn't lock it to if the char is online at the time, since technically and rp talking, they are always in the world, even if the player isn't.

So maybe do the same as it has been done with the pawnshops. Place that option to send an IG bird message in center falcon kiosks, but put a split on how much it would cost, depending on levels. Maybe a three stage approach from 1 to 12 = 10 true, 12 to 20= 50 true, and 20 and over 1000 true :p

I think thats a great idea, except that you would maybe want to scale the cost of the LORE birds as well.  *shrugs*  I should really use LORE birds more often... *Goes off to send a letter*

Hellblazer

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2011, 03:34:08 pm »
Vehl depending on the level, and even then I think the max I did with Kian yesterday was bout 40. I tend to have bad gold drops across my toons.

anything