The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Temple Donations  (Read 253 times)

Redhawk

Temple Donations
« on: June 08, 2006, 09:47:28 am »
It is nice to see that all the gold we the faithful have donated is tracked, but I'm curious if we can also see what items have been donated.  The contents of those temple donations boxes must go somewhere, I'm sure they are more than just pretty trashcans. Redhawk

Leanthar

Re: Temple Donations
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2006, 10:04:39 am »
Nope, sorry. GM's track how much is donated by character but we do not track by items, just the value by character.

Leanthar

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2006, 10:47:23 am »
Let me restate that. We do know what items are donated and they are in the database. We just don't display them to the team or the players--they are there for tracking if ever needed. We only display to the GM's how much one character has donated as well as the total donation to each temple. We can get more information if it is ever needed.  

I do not want to display all items donated because characters would not know that anyways.

Talan Va'lash

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2006, 12:54:47 pm »
plus the list would be spammy.

Gilrod

• Followers of Lucinda
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2006, 07:09:08 pm »
I have a question about donating items if anyone knows the answer.

What value in gold is assigned to the item as a donation?

I mean, does the pawn shop value get added to the temple donations ... or the lens of pricing price or some other price?  Just curious.

Redhawk

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2006, 07:26:25 pm »
I think where I was intending this be directed was the idea that we could know what was in the temple wharehouse. If it converted to gold value and listed that way then this is irrelevant. I guess I thought it would be nice for the gatherers to know that the temple had 50 iron swords and no bows. Something along those lines. Take Care, Redhawk

Fatherchaos

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2006, 07:30:28 pm »
Next time your character donates ask for a donation certificate for tax purposes :)

ZeroVega

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2006, 07:37:41 pm »
Like L said, the GMs know how many items a temple has, what kind they are, and who donated them. Should it ever become relevent for people to know the numbers I"m sure they'll release them. At the moment though, the simple fact that they can keep track of gold donations and put them on the forum for us to track is pretty spankin.

Gilrod

• Followers of Lucinda
    • View Profile
RE: Temple Donations
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2006, 07:50:01 pm »
I just wanted to know what was better for my temple.

Selling items to a pawn shop and giving them the coin, or giving it directly to the temple (for them to presumably use, gift or sell)?

Dorganath

RE: Temple Donations
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2006, 07:53:22 pm »
Pawn shops pay very little in comparison to the item's worth. If you're talking pure numbers, donating the item directly to your temple is going to come out better than pawning and giving the gold. At least I'm pretty sure that's how it is.

Gilrod

• Followers of Lucinda
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2006, 08:11:52 pm »
Thanks!  That's exactly what I wanted to know!

I'm a mid-level character (so not much gold made from looting), a pretty high level crafter (can make expensive things) and don't have time to sell items in bulk to the populice RL.  

Item donations sounds like my option!

Redhawk

« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2006, 08:17:47 pm »
No criticism intended. None at all. I think that everything is awesome and I was just tossing out a suggestion. Knowing what the temple needed beyond gold would be helpful to my paladin, but not crucial.

lonnarin

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2006, 07:27:48 pm »
A top 10 philanthropists senction would be fun on the temple donations tab of the forum....

Nibor21

« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2006, 12:09:20 am »
Are the receipts actually needed for anything? I have a box os them now and was curious as to know if I need to keep them or if they will be any use at a future date.

Philosopher

« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2006, 02:55:22 am »
Nibor21 - 6/18/2006  8:09 AM

Are the receipts actually needed for anything? I have a box os them now and was curious as to know if I need to keep them or if they will be any use at a future date.

Get a parchment folder from the general shop, very cheap and can store any paper with notes on, including donation receipts.