The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: this is for the forum it self  (Read 382 times)

Hellblazer

this is for the forum it self
« on: June 12, 2006, 01:28:40 am »
I could not find a place for it so I post it here. It would be great to have a spellcheck you could use when typing your post.

_M_O_B_

• Followers of Xeen
    • View Profile
Re: this is for the forum it self
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2006, 03:44:23 am »
two words

microsoft word

Fatherchaos

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2006, 07:42:24 am »
to mob: Keep in mind mate, not everyone uses word or intstalls open office, etc. Some rely on the tools they are given. :)

to Hellblazer: if you don't have word etc available, there are a few other locations you can go to do spell checking. Gmail is a prime example of real time spell check. Mozilla Thunderbird also has a spell check module that can be installed. Just keep in mind that unless you run a word processor, your grammer can still be a weak link also.

I'd like to see the feature, but usually type everything up in notepad++ first anyways (sans spellcheck) before posting.

Nyralotep

RE: this is for the forum it self
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2006, 10:59:48 am »
@ OneSt8.  Is this  something that can be integrated in for spellchecking?  Found it looking for a free text editor with spell check and it's hosted at Sourceforge.

darkstorme

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2006, 11:40:25 am »
Also, while a spellcheck is in the process of (hopefully) being implemented, for those who don't have an Office suite handy, there's always http://www.spellcheck.net.  Free, and useful. :)  Also, there are plugins available for Firefox and Internet Explorer.  Those smug Mac users already have a spellchecker built into Safari.

darkstorme

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2006, 09:43:02 am »
*Bump*

anything