The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: A human voraxian monk is found dead after a heart attack in the inn of lans port  (Read 421 times)

Hellblazer

Kidding aside.

I find it very very very odd, that a bottle of elderberry juice would cost 239 true, a bottle of cranberry juice 237 true, and a bottle of pear juice 265 true, when the other juices ranges from 34 to 47 true. At that price, that effectively puts those juice prices even higher than the rarest of ales. Who takes a lot more ingredients to make.

So I wonder if this is a default of neverwinter night, or if the price of these three juices could be dropped to reflect the price of the other juices.

Pibemanden

Re: A human voraxian monk is found dead after a heart attack in
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2010, 09:44:36 am »
Quote from: Hellblazer
Kidding aside.

I find it very very very odd, that a bottle of elderberry juice would cost 239 true, a bottle of cranberry juice 237 true, and a bottle of pear juice 265 true, when the other juices ranges from 34 to 47 true. At that price, that effectively puts those juice prices even higher than the rarest of ales. Who takes a lot more ingredients to make.

So I wonder if this is a default of neverwinter night, of if the price of these three juices could be dropped to reflect the price of the other juices.

Now I don't have access to a crafting card/can't remember how many different kinds of juice there are...  But... Cranberry, elderberry and pear juice are all used for crafting potions/essences which might be a reason for balancing their price way over apple/grape juice fx.

Hellblazer

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2010, 09:48:59 am »
Hmm that could be. There is the fact that once you buy a bottle of that juice in Lans port, it doesn't reload until a server reset. So it would still kinda balance it self out even if the price was dropped.

Cranberry juice is used to make mighty parts for bows/crossbows.

Pibemanden

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2010, 10:19:07 am »
Well the problem then would probably be one akin to the pawnshops being bought out at every server reset. . . While you can still do this at the current price, it wouldn't be all that much better than simply buying berries/juice from a PC

Ravemore

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2010, 10:29:08 am »
I believe Pear Juice is used for Oils of Sharpness (ie. Keen), so pibe is probably right. :)

Hellblazer

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2010, 10:47:00 am »
I agree, unless it's for a once in a while rp sake and not crafting.

Xiaobeibi

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2010, 01:23:57 pm »
Quote from: Ravemore
I believe Pear Juice is used for Oils of Sharpness (ie. Keen), so pibe is probably right. :)

It is, but that also takes dust of mahogany and adam

Ravemore

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2010, 01:47:41 pm »
Thanks.. :) I was aware of that...just commenting on the juice component.

Quote from: xiaobeibi
It is, but that also takes dust of mahogany and adam

lonnarin

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2010, 02:09:52 pm »
Poor farmers making 1 true/week, they get moldy bread and water!  Oh, and all the eggs they can eat, so I guess it balances out.

Dorganath

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2010, 05:42:27 pm »
This is actually due to the store's mark-up, which magnifies the price difference between the different types of juice.

anything