The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Ability to Find or Make Tinder  (Read 238 times)

twidget658

Ability to Find or Make Tinder
« on: March 30, 2007, 05:35:41 am »
Man in the Woods: "Mister Ranger, I am hungry and cold and am in dire need of a fire. I am a glass maker by trade and lost my way to the next town."

Ranger: "Sir, I would gladly build you a fire and aid you to your destination. I have lived in the forest all my life and use what nature provides to sustain my own life."

*Ranger checks his pack*

Ranger: *sheepish grin* "Sir, might you have some type of tinder, or something that will be easy to light and will sustain a flame, on you? If not, I will have to go to town to buy some from the merchant."

Is there anyway that a ranger and druid can use a carpenter's tool on  branch to make tinder without having to do it in the crafthall? If not, possibly some way to make allow rangers and druids to get tinder other than buying from a merchant.

Pen N Popper

Re: Ability to Find or Make Tinder
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2007, 06:26:20 am »
Yes please!  I'd like to see it available to everyone, though.  Perhaps "use" the branch to split it up into tinder (like sand).

Nibor21

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2007, 06:29:08 am »
Also could Tree-Ents drop tinder in the same way that animals drop skins?

Stephen_Zuckerman

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2007, 04:12:21 pm »
Treants are not Ents. :( Totally different creatures. They just look the same. The Ents are ancient and near to demigod status. Treants are old, yes, but very much mortal, typically living about as long as the average tree of their type. They're also much quicker to anger than Ents... And in a completely different universe. ;)

Apart from that...

"Use"ing branches to make tinder would make me very happy.