The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Bags of salt  (Read 369 times)

Hellblazer

Bags of salt
« on: February 08, 2010, 07:34:09 pm »
1 bag of salt = 8 salts.
So if one salt cost 9 trues, 8 would cost = 72 true

The meaning of this, is that even though you have the possibility to gather them, sometimes you may want to buy them instead. Now lets say that you have like a 120 to buy, that takes a ridiculous amount of time to click on the salt, click on ok. Click on the salt, click on ok. CL. well you get it I think :p.

Anyhow if the crafting vendor, or the few npc cooks, here and there, could sell bags of salt, that once you use the unique propriety it gives you automatically 8 salts. That would be marvelous.

Either that or maybe come up with the same system used on other server, where you actually input the number of that particular item you wish to purchase. But that can cause thing to drop if you don't have the necessary space.

The following users thanked this post: Guardian 452, Chazzler, Kenderfriend

Jilseponie Wyndon

Re: Bags of salt
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2010, 10:31:50 pm »
Salt is a grainy material much like sand, I do not see why it could not work in the same (or similar) fashion. You dig/scrape it up, bag it and continue to the next deposit, much like sand.

Gulnyr

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2010, 01:40:46 pm »
Quote from: Hellblazer
to click on the salt, click on ok. Click on the salt, click on ok.
Did you know you can drag and drop them into your inventory?  No clicking OK required.

That's not a comment on the request, just a bit of information.

Hellblazer

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2010, 01:44:31 pm »
Yep I did, But it is still taking the same amount of time. The greater your screen resolution is, the further apart the windows are. Just really gets annoying.

The bags would shorten the process for sure. But the system of you typing in what quantity you want of that precise items through a dialog , would be much better. Faster, and less prone to be affected by lag.

darkstorme

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2010, 02:34:54 pm »
I'll just make the usual objection to a new, common object - limited palette space.  Unique item rewards can be dynamically loaded, but new salable items with limited utility (in this case, the convenience of buying eight items at once in place of a single item) are probably best avoided.

Making the dialog work would require making the salt stackable, which would, at least temporarily, result in many of the same issues.

Hellblazer

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2010, 02:39:25 pm »
Well the "limited" utility is used in a few things in the crafting system. So there is actually a not so limited amount of person who has to deal with this, and I'm sure a few of them would appreciate this.

While yes there could be some cool new superdooper reward put in, but other wise unseen by good amount of players, since they don't always get the luxury to go in the higher places where those would normally fall. Versus creating one item (salt bags, or stackable salt)?

But you know.. sure.

Script Wrecked

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2010, 08:07:40 pm »
Quote from: Hellblazer
Yep I did, But it is still taking the same amount of time. The greater your screen resolution is, the further apart the windows are. Just really gets annoying.

As another aside, if your screen is wide enough to have three panels open at once, when you open the merchant (which opens their inventory and your inventory), close your inventory, open your journal, then open your inventory. Your inventory panel will now be center of screen.

anything