The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Cavaliers!  (Read 514 times)

silverblades

Cavaliers!
« on: January 03, 2006, 04:21:00 pm »
Anybody remember Cavaliers back in second edition DnD??
.I do ..and since we have people with horses running around thought might be considered as a PrC. Thought it might be a good one you could have henchmen at your disposal sortof like Single player NWN. well thought id throw it out there and see how badly it gets tore to shreds.
Oh thought Paladins were the only ones to have horses. Or so I was told.
There can be only One.

IceDragonDuvessa

RE: Cavaliers!
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2006, 05:49:00 pm »
Moved to the proper forum. Please only post submissions in the submission forum. Thanks.

Stephen_Zuckerman

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2006, 05:52:00 pm »
Only Pallies get TRAINED WARHORSES. The others are any sort you could buy from Farmer Part. Assuming he hadn't sent them into that blasted corn field of his...

Leanthar

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2006, 06:30:00 pm »
Cavaliers rock! We all know that.. but at this time it is not on our priority list, nor will it be for some time.
  Horses are for RP and Character Customization.  Nothing more!

silverblades

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2006, 05:41:00 pm »
Im glad Leanthar's got the right idea yes they are cool! just thought I would ask since i've seen Wemics running around and sea elves making and appearance( though i havent seen one  though). Drow a plenty and deepnomes also. just thought human cavaliers were a little more common than all of these is all.
There can be only One.

Force_of_Will_

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2006, 03:10:00 am »
I remember cavaliers were a Class and Paladins were their sub class.
Then Unearthed came out and they changed it.
I remember that cavaliers of good alignment could go to neg hps and still fight on.

lunchboxkilla

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2006, 04:44:00 pm »
If your thinking about that then give us Priest as an epic only class!

Kidding..
I miss the 2.0 Priest class...
you were a cleric or a priest

silverblades

Re: Cavaliers!
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2007, 09:22:32 pm »
Hmm..just adding on to this now that i have my war horse and I love it..any chance of havind a Lance as a one time Hit attack from a war horse. Maybe a wooden crafted weapon of one time use that when used in a charge gave devistating criticals??

My paladin sure would look good with a lance rather than a shield and sword when hes riding..It took me hours to make the armor of a mounted Knight. After all isnt this the dark ages when dradons were slain by fearless mounted knights and Jousting tournies!
There can be only One.

Acacea

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2007, 10:20:33 pm »
Well, to be clear, it's more like the dark ages where dragons rise over the downtrodden populace and inspire them with fear, multitudes starve, and knights or any good hearted souls face real battles against evil, apathy, or hunger that drags down other good, rather than play fighting at grand tourneys and feasts of kings. :)

allneal

• View Profile
    « Reply #9 on: March 22, 2007, 10:26:15 pm »
    Quote from: Force_of_Will_
    I remember cavaliers were a Class and Paladins were their sub class.
    Then Unearthed came out and they changed it.
    I remember that cavaliers of good alignment could go to neg hps and still fight on.

yes unearthed arcane cavilers were teh best  and pally's as a cavy sub class rocked

silverblades

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2007, 08:08:10 pm »
    Well to me it doesnt seem right then. I mean Layonara doesnt seem to fit the description your giving it.
    I figured there would be no food at the inns and if it was it would be far more expensive "if" any was available. The ease at which food is attained here doesnt match what your describing.

Why are all the Grains still able to be found and readily available for anyone to take..This whould have disapeared with the loss of sunlight, or at the very least a great decrease in the respawn rate and quantity of CNR grains.
    I was hoping that the fishing skill woud have risen off the charts as a craft since this would of been the few things that werent overly affected by a loss of sunlight.
    There can be only One.

minerva

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2007, 08:22:40 pm »
    Quote from: silverblades
    Well to me it doesnt seem right then. I mean Layonara doesnt seem to fit the description your giving it.
    I figured there would be no food at the inns and if it was it would be far more expensive "if" any was available. The ease at which food is attained here doesnt match what your describing.

Why are all the Grains still able to be found and readily available for anyone to take..This whould have disapeared with the loss of sunlight, or at the very least a great decrease in the respawn rate and quantity of CNR grains.
    I was hoping that the fishing skill woud have risen off the charts as a craft since this would of been the few things that werent overly affected by a loss of sunlight.

*evil grin*  All of this can be arranged....

Acacea

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2007, 08:28:45 pm »
    You're welcome to go back and change the thousand and something areas to reflect a temporary situation, heh. And of course, changing it back later. Good luck even opening the module, though! :)

The description is pretty well known though, and all over the forums. No, it doesn't match several of the areas in game, even the new ones which I think got carried away with some of the prettiness that can be achieved and forgot it's not a pretty place at the moment ;) But even pretty tilesets can be made to look really dirty with fog, lighting, and smart use of few placeables.

I'd like to change it so that it was clear everyone was supposed to be starving and not well fed pigs. I also think everyone would freak out because of negative fun impact, and the drama on the forums would triple. So...

Either way I would not wish manually adjusting everything, only to readjust it again later, on anyone! :)

Gulnyr

« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2007, 08:32:58 pm »
    Did the forum merge two threads, or did this thread really jump straight from cavaliers to food CNR?

minerva

« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2007, 09:05:41 pm »
    Yeah, the topic kinda fell off the horse so to speak... anymore thoughts on the food supply and the dark ages, please start another thread.

Keep this one to mounted knights and such.

Fatherchaos

« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2007, 09:21:58 pm »
    I remember Cavaliers . . almost fondly from the days of DnD second edition. Often we referred to them as "cheatonie"

Ahh, the fond memories I had of using the man catcher weapon for the first time, or a pit of invisible long spears. That's what those silly cavaliers got for chasing down my character :)

Truth be told, I think that they would be excellent to see around! *prepares more invisible spears*

Stephen_Zuckerman

« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2007, 12:16:54 am »
    Without a Charge, Overrun, or Trample action... Mounted combat loses its appeal.