The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Circlet of the Confidante  (Read 357 times)

Decius

• Followers of Lucinda
    • View Profile
Circlet of the Confidante
« on: April 16, 2005, 09:57:00 am »
I finally managed to craft this item and was a little discouraged by its usefulness.

It takes the following to create this item:
2 enchanted diamonds of eagle splendor
2 enchanted alexandrites
3 ingots of silver
5 essence of charm
1 helmet mold

It granted the following properties:
(removed because I am not sure this is allowed to be submitted on the forums)

It looks like a silver helmet with big beaks. Now I imagine it could be useful when a DM is around to make skill checks but when I picture how one would put this helmet on infront of a NPC to tell a lie or convince him/her of something it feels a little silly (you look like a monster)

I think this item could use an update in order to make its cost worth it.

Talan Va'lash

RE: Circlet of the Confidante
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2005, 12:35:00 pm »
Yeah, this item was toned down from the suggested version when it was put IG.  Not exactly sure why as it still requires the two enchanted diamonds, which is a fairly high price considering that diamonds are becoming harder to get (through updates and GM intervention.)

Leanthar

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2005, 01:21:00 pm »
"...which is a fairly high price considering that diamonds are becoming harder to get (through updates and GM intervention.)..."
  Err, care to explain what you mean on this Talan? 

Thunder Pants

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2005, 01:44:00 pm »
i think he means that with the updates to the great rift it has become a lot harder to reach diamonds

Talan Va'lash

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2005, 10:28:00 pm »
Nah, I meant the changes to the Elemental in the caves on.... well, you where I mean.

And the GM intervention was about the time when a certain party kept trying to lure the elemental away using several methods but was thwarted by GMs moving it back.

Edit:  I appologize for my wording in the previous post.  My negative tone in that post doesnt reflect how I feel about it.  I guess I was in a bad mood (for an unrelated reason) when i posted that.  Sorry, not trying to be mean.  In fact that didnt even need to be brought up here.

blonde

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2005, 09:03:00 am »
The circlet can be customized like any helmet in the game, so you dont have to put on a scary helmet in front of an NPC...you can use a dragon head instead ;)

But i kind of agree that the ingreadients for this item are rather expensive compared to what is gained...Never got why it has that negative effect on that one thing (trying not to reveal too much here heh).

That said, it can sure have its uses on quests...opens up for some really fun RP.

Leanthar

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2005, 09:15:00 am »
Moved to bug reports so that I can take a look at it.

orth

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2005, 02:31:00 pm »
Moved to orth reminders so to discuss properties.

Leanthar, currently this item gives you the following:
Decreased Ability Score: Wisdom -2
Skill Bonus: Bluff +8
Skill Bonus: Intimidate +4
Skill Bonus: Persuade +8
Skill Bonus: Taunt +4

I think it's a pretty useless item considering most of the bonuses are good for not a whole bunch but RP quests, and who's going to throw on an ugly helmet in the middle of an event to bluff someone some more or what not, especially when it's -2 WIS?  

Considering it's ingredients I was pretty disappointed when Plen made one.  

Perhaps someone has a balanced idea?

Leanthar

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2005, 02:51:00 pm »
Drop the -2 wisdom and decrease the requirements a little?  Keeping in mind that it can be customized to not be ugly.

orth

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2005, 06:37:00 pm »
Done in next update.

Trace Nightwind

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2005, 08:11:00 pm »
You guys never cease to amaze me!  Thanks for your hard work!

Talan Va'lash

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2005, 04:27:00 am »
I cant find the original thread where lonn posted this idea, but it was something like +4 to those skills and +1 or +2 to cha, which makes sense with the recepie (needing two diamonds enchanted with eagles splendor.)  If you set the same diamonds in rings you could get +4 cha, so I dont think the cha bonus is unreasonable.