The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Hostesses  (Read 499 times)

Acacea

Hostesses
« on: April 13, 2007, 07:12:51 pm »
I was sort of hoping these would quietly disappear in the transfer to V3, but since they are still up to their wacky antics, could we either yank them (they serve no purpose whatsoever, not even as barmaids), or adjust them to ditch the name token and just use a generic greeting instead? This has been mentioned and made fun of for time on end, I think. It's a really simple tweak, surely?

Alternatively, they could be actually given a purpose, such as adding a small conversation about the city and work to be done around it, but obviously that would mean actually adding conversations to them, which means they are no longer smile plastered generic hostesses but rather individually functioning NPCs which sort of makes the topic moot, hehe.

The following users thanked this post: Stephen_Zuckerman, LynnJuniper, Ravemore, Tanman

Kindo

Re: Hostesses
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2007, 07:50:14 pm »
I can only agree. Too long has their greetings annoyed me.

*Enters in a sneaky, cloaked fashion, attempting to remain hidden from prying eyes*
"DIGG POCKETPICKER!!!!! WELCOME HOME!!!"

Aye, they have to go, I'm sorry to say.

Witch Hunter

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2007, 08:24:15 pm »
Haha nice one Kindo - and yeah I agree, they are metagamers.

MJZ

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2007, 09:10:43 pm »
Hahah I just love having someone dark and mysterious in the party when you enter an inn... they get their secret name flung to the farthest reaches of the.. well, inn.

I second the motion. Er, I third the motion.

Marswipp

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2007, 10:17:04 pm »
Um... fourth??
Playing D&D 3.5e, D&D 5e, Pathfinder, and exploring Starfinder through a VTT

Interia_Discordius

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2007, 12:30:37 am »
You could make them bratty and complain about the lack of customers/food due to the Dark Ages... ;) EVERY time a person walks in! Just set it on a five person rotation or something.

hawklen

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2007, 03:04:54 am »
Hawk loves it when he walks in and the hostess yells out his name! Kinda makes me feel like im in an episode of cheers.

"Hawk!" everyone yells. he walks up to the bar and says "Ya know wat ah love lad?" the bartender shakes his head and replies "Ale hawk?" grinning  hawk says "Sure lad, I'll have one"

But, other than that going through my head, maybe the hostess' can say different things. heh.