The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: House information  (Read 216 times)

RaDDaD

• View Profile
    House information
    « on: May 22, 2005, 12:44:00 pm »
    This post is probably here due to my own ignorance but looking for information on houses was hard to come by as far as there do's and dont's....Looking back at my mistake now I can see that it would not be wise...The problem that I ran into was putting items down on the floor of my new house...A very costly mistake it was since I put just about everything I had collected inside the house...Not knowing that everything would be lost....Maybe there could be a book that could be purchased from one of the merchants that would give more information on the use and opperation of a house...Also I did buy the insurance for my house just because...well, its insurance..But on that note I have no idea what it is for or how much it is a month....Like I said before alot of this is probably due to my own ignorance and probably should have made a post long before now...But if it would not be too hard to come up with some in game information I think it would reduce the chance of others running into costly problems or mistakes that could have been avoided...Please let me know what you think or if there is anything I can do to help....

Thanks

ZeroVega

RE: House information
    « Reply #1 on: May 22, 2005, 12:53:00 pm »
      There is no "per month" fee for insurance or anything, so you're good there. I honestly don't know what it does either, but we've got it so it can't be that bad.
        Also about putting items on the floor of your house. Every area on Layo has a cleanup script that runs every 5 minutes(?) or whenever someone enters or leaves an area. So, you dropped your stuff and the cleanup script got hold of it, and nuked everything.
        There are ways to store stuff in a house without losing it, and that is by purchasing chests and crates. You purchase these and place them in your house then place your stuff inside it. Large crates hold 30 items I think, and cannot be locked. Small Chests hold 10 items and can be locked (although you really don't need to lock it cause stealing is against sever rules).
        The only think you have the be worried about is having the chest get stuck open. Sometimes if you open it and put stuff in/take stuff out it just gets stuck. And when you try and close the inventory window will close but the chest still looks open. If that is the case you need to get everything out of the chest or you'll lose it. And that's about it. ZV-

Talan Va'lash

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2005, 02:29:00 pm »
    I'm pretty sure the cleanup script doesnt run in player houses.. I've trid to use it to get rid of junk before.  However, the items will be lost over a server reset.

I dont think i suggested this before when i was suggesting some housing placeables, but a placeable trashcan could be nice.

-TV

freemen2

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2005, 03:52:00 pm »
    aye being able to buy a trashcan would be nice ;)

RaDDaD

• View Profile
      « Reply #4 on: May 22, 2005, 08:19:00 pm »
      I was able to get the information on the cleanup script from one of the DMs but this was after everything was already lost...I was just wanting to come up with a book that either the merchants or even the real estate agent would sell so that others could get the information that I could have used....And I do like the trashcan idea that would be handy....

Rothnor

Talan Va'lash

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2005, 09:48:00 pm »
      The problem with getting information to everyone... is that there is an OBSCENE amount of it.  Pretty much everything has been changed short of rebuilding the game from the ground up.

Though it might be a good idea to add something about the cleanup script in the informational pages or maybe even the FAQ.

I think this is Ed's domain, so, hopefully we'll hear from him when his newly tanned self gets back from vacation.

-TV

anything