The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Katars - An Idea, brought to you by the Brotherhood of the Coast  (Read 90 times)

Eight-Bit

I was wondering if it is possible for the Katar models to be made under daggers. If so, it would allow for rogues and others to use it with their Dexterity bonus to attack. Currently, it's based off of strength. And that's kind of a bummer for how cool they look. Right now they are just taking up space.

Thank you, and much respect and admiration. :)

Variable

RE: Katars - An Idea, brought to you by the Brotherhood of the C
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2005, 08:34:00 pm »
People who have a high dex can take weapon finess, I believe it works for daggers. neat idea though.

Talan Va'lash

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2005, 03:52:00 am »
Yeah, thats the point Variable.

Infering from 8bits post, Katar's are now a seperate custom weapon that is not finessable (is this true?)

hes asking for them to just be.. deleted i guess and the models be put in with the daggers.

But the thing is that katars do bludeoning damage (and are the only tiny weapon in the game that does bludeoning damage, which kinda makes sense as to why you cant finesse it... but in the same way it doesnt make sense as you can finesse a mace.

Eight-Bit

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2005, 07:09:00 am »
Talan Va'lash - 7/17/2005  6:52 AM

Yeah, thats the point Variable.

Infering from 8bits post, Katar's are now a seperate custom weapon that is not finessable (is this true?)

hes asking for them to just be.. deleted i guess and the models be put in with the daggers.

But the thing is that katars do bludeoning damage (and are the only tiny weapon in the game that does bludeoning damage, which kinda makes sense as to why you cant finesse it... but in the same way it doesnt make sense as you can finesse a mace.

Katars do piercing dammage. They're tiny weapons. You're thining of the Sai. The things the red Ninja Turtle used back before they went all crazy-lame. You can't use weapon finesse with any of the custom weapons.

Fista

• View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: July 22, 2005, 02:16:00 am »
    It sucks. Downstraight sucks. I noticed the weapon finesse description that "smaller weapons" and Katar's aren't included. my character uses the katars anyway, i get the skill or not. but it would be much more fun to get the custom weapons included.

Talan Va'lash

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2005, 12:41:00 pm »
    Right... sai's.

I always wondered how those pointy things could do bludgeoning damage... seems more like piercing or piercing and bludgeoning.

Rayenoir

• Followers of Rofirein
      • Followers of Xeen
      • View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: July 23, 2005, 02:24:00 pm »
    I think it's because they're not particularly sharp, and the central shaft is not a blade, but rounded.  At least, as far as I know.