The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: max weight limit  (Read 143 times)

Leafgreen

• View Profile
    max weight limit
    « on: August 25, 2005, 07:38:00 pm »
    The DOA gold weight system isn't used here (has it's own problems) so weight isn't that touchy an area, but here is a script you might want to consider.  It sets an upper weight limit and a character cannot move once they reach that limit, and must put down items.  I remember I had the upper limit varied depending on the stats, but maybe that was a script I tweaked out of the DOA gold encumbrance system. Durned if I can find the exact script now, but anybody who uses the vault heavily knows how THAT works. Pretty sure you are using a map script that cleans the map of items on the ground if no players are on the map for X amount of time, so items dropped should not be too much of a problem. Instantly stops miners from carrying small hills on their backs.

Original script

void main()
    {
    object oItem = GetModuleItemAcquired();
    object oPC = GetItemPossessor(oItem);
    int weight = GetWeight(oPC);
    if (weight > 6000) {
        AssignCommand(oPC, ActionPutDownItem(oItem));
        AssignCommand(oPC, ActionSpeakString("I cannot hold more than 600 pounds worth of equipment.  I must get rid of some of it..."));
    SendMessageToPC(oPC,"Thats just too much weight, You need to put it down.");
    }
    }

put in a line getting the pcs strength, attach that to a weight table, voila.  A good basis for a max weight system if nothing else.

anything