The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: PC Dicebag - Attack rolls, and Grapple checks  (Read 111 times)

Talan Va'lash

PC Dicebag - Attack rolls, and Grapple checks
« on: September 05, 2005, 12:31:00 am »
Its tough to RP fights now since these options arent in the dicebag.

Opposed STR/DEX checks don't really cut it since they ignore base attack bonus (i.e. level 1 high strength half-giant beats level 7 rogue since the rogues level gained benefits aren't taken into account.)

An atttack roll should use whatever modifier you have for whatever weapon you have out, using the highest AB for the round (we'll have to figure out multiple attacks per round ourselves if we need to.)

To start a grapple (grab the opponent) you need to make a successfull attack roll, which we can do if we have the above feature ;)

Then to continue a grapple (hold the opponent) you make a grapple check (BAB+STR modifier+Special size modifier)  If your opponents grapple check beats yours the grapple ends, if you win you deal damage as if you had hit with an unarmed strike (we probably wont be concerned with damage, but the opponent is restrained.)

Click Here for the SRD grapple rules

Also, it would be nice, but not neccessary if there was an option that would "roll" your AC.  Basically just display your ac to everyone else officially when on local mode.

So yeah, theres been a lot of talk about RPing fights, and I've even seen it done, and been involved in it once or twice, but I just realized we don't have the tools to roll for a real fight correctly.

I realize we could just roll d20's and add out modifiers and tell the result to everyone, but I think it would go much more smoothly if all the numbers came from the dicebag (also that way, you wouldnt have to spend 25 minutes explaining the rules and how to compute modifiers before the event, after which, everyones attention span is lost.)

-TV