The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Requesting lowering demands for .....  (Read 647 times)

jrizz

Re: Requesting lowering demands for .....
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2008, 05:13:28 pm »
Quote from: Stephen_Zuckerman

Edit: Jrizz... The bonuses to stats from our subraces aren't taken into account for the purposes of feat prerequisites.

I know this is off topic but I really hate that. It is as if a PCs racial stat mods are magic or temporary. IMO that is a bunch of hooye.

back to the subject at hand.

Yeah that SMD thing really gets in the way of a lot of feats LOL. From start of level 18 to the end of level 23 you get one feat you can pick SMD (unless you get bonus feats). Thats over 9 million xp LOL.

Stephen_Zuckerman

« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2008, 05:21:30 pm »
Quote from: jrizz
I know this is off topic but I really hate that. It is as if a PCs racial stat mods are magic or temporary. IMO that is a bunch of hooye.

back to the subject at hand.

Yeah that SMD thing really gets in the way of a lot of feats LOL. From start of level 18 to the end of level 23 you get one feat you can pick SMD (unless you get bonus feats). Thats over 9 million xp LOL.

Well, first-off, that's a Bioware limitation, and yeah, it's hooey. But it's not intended, and if they had a way they could do it without removing the "enforce legal characters" bit... They would.

Secondly, yeah. Unless you're a fighter or a wizard. ;)

Weeblie

« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2008, 01:55:33 am »
Quote from: ShiffDrgnhrt
Ummm Huh?  I just pulled some numbers...  Didn't Base it on anything...  really ust felt like posting the forumla for reference....  If a Level 30 Fighter had 30 str the DC would be 35.  10 + 30/2 (15) + 10 (30 str has a mod of 10).  Anyway...  Sure, with Magic Rings and stuff you could raise the DC over 40, but that wasn't the point of that post...  Anyway...  Enough of me...  back to ...  discussing

*Smacks forehead.* Of course you have to count the buffs. There are no reasonable strength based fighter who is not trying to max the strength out (i.e. get another +12 to strength, effectively giving another +6 to the DC). If you wish to compare things, you really have to take everything into consideration. :)

Your claim was that the DC would be no higher than a mage with all three spell focuses in a specific school, and I'm trying to show that it's not an accurate claim. Even a wizard with a base 28 in intelligence would only have a DC of 40 (10 + 9 + (28 + 12 - 10) / 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 = 40). A base 28 intelligence character at level 30 would have to have a character creation intelligence of 21 (it's reasonable to assume that the Greater Intelligence X feats are not selected, due to their limited use compared to the other epic feats).

I believe my estimation of a dev crit character at level 30 having a DC of 40 is very sound [that in turn is based on the assumption of a req 28 for dev crit, which I would think is also a sound estimation of the lowest possible req it can possibly be changed to].

Edit: But in either case, it does not matter. Unless the DC is really, really low (about 20?), the core problem isn't the DC itself but rather the unlimited nature of dev crit.

jan

« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2008, 02:14:03 pm »
(10 + 9 + (28 + 12 - 10) / 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 = 40)

Ermmm......

( 10 + 9 + ( 30 )  / 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 = ??   ;)

anything