The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Suggestion  (Read 85 times)

Ravemore

Suggestion
« on: May 13, 2009, 02:25:34 am »
Not sure if it has already been suggested, or if it would be a coding nightmare, but I thought it would be pretty cool if you could purchase some type of crystal or gem to be used on the personal housing teleport system to add locations.

Chongo

Re: Suggestion
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2009, 02:42:46 am »
It's not so much a matter of coding, it's a matter of making sure that the whole world isn't one map away.

A lot of thought has gone into travel and how it impacts atmosphere.  And it can definitely get pretty tricky when you weigh intended grandeur and world atmosphere against the methods of pooling the playerbase for easily accessed interaction.

I don't foresee this sort of thing opening up - though travel/ destination suggestions are generally welcome.

Dorganath

Re: Suggestion
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2009, 08:18:46 am »
Quote from: Chongo
It's not so much a matter of coding, it's a matter of making sure that the whole world isn't one map away.

A lot of thought has gone into travel and how it impacts atmosphere.  And it can definitely get pretty tricky when you weigh intended grandeur and world atmosphere against the methods of pooling the playerbase for easily accessed interaction.

I don't foresee this sort of thing opening up - though travel/ destination suggestions are generally welcome.

Pretty much exactly accurate.

anything