The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: the mosquitos of DOOOM!  (Read 201 times)

CHAzz

• View Profile
    the mosquitos of DOOOM!
    « on: October 13, 2006, 09:48:30 am »
    what are the possibilities of changing the characteristics of the swampy areas to cause a few points of damage to characters every so many clicks?  This would represent the omnipresent bitey-stingy creepy crawlies that infest such areas.

another idea, what about a chance of infection based on amount of time spent in the swamp without leaving?

Stephen_Zuckerman

Re: the mosquitos of DOOOM!
    « Reply #1 on: October 13, 2006, 10:05:20 am »
    That sounds like it implies a phrase that chills my bones: Heartbeat script.

Also, it would mean certain death for anyone with low HP. Ozymandias, for example.

EdTheKet

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2006, 10:37:26 am »
    Also, it would mean certain death for anyone with low HP. Ozymandias, for example.

Then the swamps wouldn't be a place for people with low HP unless they're well prepared, right :) I doubt Ozy'd mind.

It would be a nice though, kind of like the cold system maybe in the icey areas.
    we could then maybe also do something with deserts.

CHAzz

• View Profile
      « Reply #3 on: October 19, 2006, 11:15:14 am »
      right, most nasty environments should have some sort of deletorious effect.  I know there is already the hunger/thirst rate in place, as well as areas where it is harder to get around, but this would add a bit more realism, to my thinking.  Technically, there could also be some pretty nasty effects from being underground for extended periods of time as well, or for being at certain depths.  Ands now that I'm thinking about it, ranks in certain skills should lessen the effects of these things, due to your experience dealing with them, as well as specific feats to show advanced knowledge of specific environments.

vgn

RE: the mosquitos of DOOOM!
      « Reply #4 on: October 19, 2006, 03:03:08 pm »
      Actually if something like this was implemented I'd rather see a chance to contract a nasty disease as you walk through the swamp areas.

Falonthas

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2006, 05:10:12 pm »
      swamp rot is good

and burns from the desert sand
      or something like wounding for the whipping sand effect