The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Unique Items...  (Read 123 times)

Nuzatch

• Followers of Aragen
    • Followers of Lucinda
    • View Profile
Unique Items...
« on: June 09, 2005, 03:22:00 pm »
Just a random though, and I'll start off by saying that I understand that this game isn't about items, and aquisition of loot.  Having said that, I thought it would be neat to perhaps either add, or lock some of the weapon and armor appearances.  That way, if a character receives an item or armor, and it is a unique one, it can be given a unique look.  Remiel, for example, has a very unique sword.  But when I've seen it in battle, it looks almost like ever other Longsword.  Or perhaps if a suit of armor is rewarded, it looks unique, or even just has the reflective dye used on it in places to make it look special.  Like the elven chain look we have.  If that were removed, it could be used to really represent elven chain, and everyone would know it by lookign at it and would go Wow!

Again, I know items aren't what this game is about, and the game has its' limitations, but this could be a very neat way for a person to really stand out.  My copper longsword shouldn't be able to look exactly like a mithril longsword, or for that matter Remiel's sword.  

Just thoughts, and I am in no way knocking what we have, it's WONDERFUL, just thought this could be an interesting idea.

anything