The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Whips  (Read 96 times)

NEXUS7

Whips
« on: November 30, 2005, 03:44:00 am »
Ive been looking into whips and they seem a bit well useless
They look good sound good but in fact you would be a fool to use one in a life and death combat
as they no longer disarm and iven if you did all bad guys fight till the death and never
run away when they lost there sword.

Its just that I would make whips have a stun efext, kind of sound shock
and the like. This would stop them form being just toys to some thing that
has a combat use. For use on mages it would be very good. Say a hit gives you a Stun on target for 1 round
this would mean its not to harsh "in game" so as to upset the balanse but it would make them
more seen around aspeshaly with bards as they are sund based.
This would mean that any + to hit would help but not chnage the stun rounds above 1
better whps could have more efects like Blindness for one round etc or even trip (which I think my be there all ready)

just an Idear

FlameStrike

• Followers of Toran
    • View Profile
RE: Whips
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2005, 05:52:00 am »
Stunning whips sound way too powerful, however, if instead they caused Knockdown on the target, i think it would be nice.

Falreign

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2005, 06:33:00 am »
Well you must remember the stun would be a percent chance and then need a save, with those conditions I think it is even less fair than a knockdown because at higher levels the DC would be easily overcome. I do like the idea for an effect to this weapon both the ranged idea Thunder had on the other post and the knockdown idea.

Guardian 452

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2005, 03:42:00 pm »

http://www.layonaraonline.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=20063&posts=35

orth - 11/30/2005  4:51 PM

Whips will pack a little more punch in the next update.  Still working out the changes.  Probably in base damage, critical threat and critical multiplier.

Malc3k

• Druids
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2005, 08:13:00 am »
apparently whips are the earliest invention to break the sound barrier in RL so maybe add sonic damage to replicate this? would maybe make them usable