The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Journal of a Battlemage  (Read 116 times)

Kethryc

• Followers of Rofirein
    • View Profile
Journal of a Battlemage
« on: September 07, 2008, 09:10:26 pm »
Entry #1
I have scarcely returned from my forlorn travels when my ultimate goal was accomplished by the chance meeting of a young elven magi.  I saw a rather degraded fellow who seems to have been spared yet again, to be slaughtered one more time.  Heavily armed as he was, I'm afraid he was lacking the wisdom of an imp with a toothache.  Be that as it may, I offered him some aide, and he ran wholeheartedly into the maelstrom from when he was in to begin with.  As I followed after him, my poor aching knee smarting, this elvish mage of great power passed.  We sensed each other immediately and spoke.  She accompanies me to help this uncooth young man, and we then took time to great.  She returned me to her tower, and we spoke, and behold, my heart was lifted with gratitude.  She offered me a position on her staff as an instructor in magic.  Since the fall of 2 magical guild/councils, she is now starting her own school....my dream from the beginning.  Strangely enough, we have similar faerie familars, we both learned Light as our first spells, and found very much in common.  It was indeed a satisfying night.  She is my superior in magical arts and scribing, but now perhaps I can accomplish my dreams of a complete spellbook.

Also, just before, I met Kat, little Kat!  I still wear the boots she made with her own hands.  She is doing well...though the trials that young one has seen are immense.  She has witnessed the falling of Pranzis, as well as risked her life for many as well as her family.  A sad tail, but to find her heading an orgainzation to distribute wealth amoung the pour.  I must say, seeing the young grow to such heights is incredibly satisfying.  She told me young Connor, the boy who gathered eggs and other things for me, was also doing well.  I met him on the road also, and spoke lengthily with him as well.

I am back home, I have purpose again, and my travels have not been in vain.