The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Ummmm....  (Read 120 times)

darkwulf365

Ummmm....
« on: February 15, 2006, 08:09:52 pm »
Sorry if this seems to jump all over the place, but I'm really tired and if I don't post this now, I might forget later.  And I apologize for the length, one day, I'm going to out word Rhiz :)

I have a quest idea, based upon the same staple that so many "horror" television shows have been based upon (Friday the 13th: The Series, and I think Haunted is a new one).  Basically several strange, cursed items have been placed around the world, ending up in innocent hands.  Eventually corrupting the innocent and turning them into great (or maybe not so great, those shows were never really the best) evil.  And after all the items are gathered together the evil (usually the devil) etc etc, I think you get the picture.

This seems fine for a single series and if nobody draws any partiality to it, I might run it as such.  But then I started thinking about what PenNPopper posted here and thought that this might be a good way to try his idea out.  By trying to get that world quest feel, and still include the world (most of it at least).

Since demons have been running wild without Xandrial.  And due to their chaotic nature, they really are unsutable for such a subtle long reaching idea.  But in keeping with PenNPopper's world quest idea, I started wondering if a new wannabe general of Blood could pull something like this off, I mean, you have to apply for the job somehow.  And a being of that stature would certainly be an epic foe.  Keeping the quest initially centered around certain cursed items leaves it open for lower and mid levels to go after them.  And it also leaves the true story behind (and their relationship between) them all hidden until the proper time.

The way I envision this is that there may be one series run one month centered around one item by one GM.  Then maybe another series another month by a different one, or maybe not even one month apart.  All of different CR's (all the way up to epic levels for some even) and themes (maybe one a survival horror, a dungeon crawl, murder mystery, whatever you guys want to think up).  And being that they're run by different GM's would help mask the true intent and also free up more people to enjoy this.  The only common thread between all of these "little quests" being the cursed items at the end.

Anyways...my 2.5 cents on this.  Comments please.  But keep the "Man, you're just nuts" replies to less than 20 if you would please :)

anything