The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Accents  (Read 291 times)

Masterjack

Accents
« on: March 31, 2010, 06:28:10 am »
I just want to let everyone know that I'll not be using my normal dwarven accent any more when I play my Buddy or Beli. I have come to the conclusion that it has effected my RL typing in a bad way. So until my typing gets back to where I think it should, typos and the like. I'll refrain from using them.

So just imagine that they are talking in a dwarven way.

MJ

The following users thanked this post: jrizz, Hellblazer, Ravemore, Lance Stargazer, Kenderfriend, geloooo, Pandapuff7

Pseudonym

Re: Accents
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2010, 06:45:02 am »
I've been thinking teh same thing.

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2010, 12:58:37 pm »
Funny how fingers remember. They have better memory than my brain.

Alatriel

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2010, 01:15:26 pm »
That's one of the hardest things for me switching between Bella and some of my other characters.

but hey... challenges right?  What's bad is when I start saying things like I ain' done nothin'!  in real life...

Lance Stargazer

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2010, 01:26:09 pm »
*smirks * Only means someone needs a concience check ;)

*coughs quiting the Aesthir mode *

jrizz

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2010, 02:14:03 pm »
Great now we will be able to understand what you are saying :)

Nehetsrev

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2010, 02:41:27 pm »
You all should hear me talk after a night of playing Emwonk....  yegads!

:) :D

Xaltotun

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2010, 03:34:21 pm »
Thanks Masterjack, and I have the same problems when I play Eleandilethessa for any length of time.

However, Jrizz's comment made me want to keep her accent as when I talk with her accent to other people she meets, she often gets the comment back that they can't understand her. This makes for another dimension in rp that I had not been able to use before, so for now, I'll keep on trying to keep Ele and my RL voice/typing as separate as possible. We'll see if it works,

An' if it disni haud up, ah'll let yez a' ken whit way ah'm goin' wi' her. Until then, mah een ur sweetin' wi' ra fun :D

Hellblazer

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2010, 06:19:18 pm »
Quote from: Xaltotun

An' if it disni haud up, ah'll let yez a' ken whit way ah'm goin' wi' her. Until then, mah een ur sweetin' wi' ra fun :D

Heeiiin?;)