The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Divine clothes switching?  (Read 368 times)

Philosopher

Divine clothes switching?
« on: April 23, 2006, 11:45:14 pm »
Hello!

Last night I was talked to Celgar the Lucinate Cleric, and he was talking away happily about possibly going on a venture somewhere then he cast cure serious wounds spell and changed into his combat clothes! I found this a really good trick that I could use to save having to fuss about changing behind a tree or something...
Dulan is a Toranite...
It's fine if Lucinates do it. Can Toranites do the same trick though? I mean Luncinates are more about the weave and magical whilst Toran is more faith based....

Maybe I could mutter a prayer about Clothes switching? :)

Any help on this matter?

miltonyorkcastle

Re: Divine clothes switching?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2006, 12:18:58 am »
Whatever you do, don't copy Celgar.  =P

No, seriously, perhaps you should design a set of clothing that is what you wear underneath your armor, so you can take your armor on and off without taking off your clothes.  In reality, no one was ever naked under a set of armor.  Some sort of clothing and/or padding was needed.

666hellspawn

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2006, 02:05:45 am »
no one is naked under their armor..hmmm ..you've met abi didn't you?

Harloff

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2006, 03:27:35 am »
*nods* we sure have... But even she would wear something underneath a metal armor, she might like the feeling of having leather directly on her skin (I can imagine it will become a bit sticky and smelly) but I seriously doubt that she woulld wear iron like that, the joints would be very unconftable....

Filatus

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2006, 05:20:38 am »
Not to mention cold....

Philosopher

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2006, 06:06:45 am »
Alright, thanks for your help guys! Wish I could do the whole divine clothes switching thing ;)

Eight-Bit

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2006, 08:03:28 am »
Philosopher - 4/24/2006 9:06 AM Alright, thanks for your help guys! Wish I could do the whole divine clothes switching thing ;)
 Then learn it, Dulan. Make Celgar teach you, or have Matilda teach you the "spell", if she can remember the words she learned from Celgar.

Stephen_Zuckerman

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2006, 09:29:28 pm »
The pinching can lead to stitches, in metal armor.

Even in leather, if you're unlucky and the armor's not so nice to you.

Clothes, and even a gambeson (padded armor) are usually worn under plate armors.

EdTheKet

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2006, 03:02:31 am »
There is no prayer or spell that makes you switch close and suddenly appear in combat clothing.
And about the fuss :), just quick-slot some text, walk beinhd some tree or something and hit the quickslot key that can they read something like "Removes his clothes, folds them up in a nice pile, dons his armor and stores his clothes in his pack"
Really it's not that hard :)

Louist

• View Profile
    « Reply #9 on: May 07, 2006, 04:34:38 pm »
    There is nothing stopping anyone from roleplaying it as its own spell, however. I never would have thought of it myself, and it is certainly quite a crafty idea!

Eorendil

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2006, 09:19:14 am »
    Really.. the padding thing is a good idea as well. Anyone that knows real armor knows you have to have some sort of paddes clothing or something beneath it. It's quite naive to think otherwise.
      Caighd has a hot button for his plate and a button for clothes that I setup to look like a basic padded armor. When he puts his plate on or takes it off I usually emote that he's strapping, buckling and fastening his armor into place or doing just the opposite.. Plate armor comes in many many pieces...

Stephen_Zuckerman

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2006, 09:35:37 am »
    It's easier with half-plate. Just unstrap the breastplate, greaves, gauntlets, and arm-guards, and you're done!

lonnarin

« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2006, 08:02:41 pm »
    Kor is wearing full plate mail but still people still see nipples and turn gaze when Kor bend over.  Think merchant rip him off and mislabel loincloth.

silverdraco

« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2006, 01:01:12 am »
    The idea of clothing onder your armor sounds like a much better idea that casting somekind of spell. Like EdTheKet said I don't thinks the should be a spell for it, but then again that is just my apion.
    I'm certainly going to use the Switching clothing idea's for my character. I'm going to have her wairing something under her normal clothing. She is a sorceress so no need for metal armor. But she would certeanly have something for combat.